LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
As some of you know, I had issues with the temperature gauge on my Rapido, it went gaga when I went tom Lyon anyhow, I came back to the UK tried to get it fixed and failed.
Spoke to Geo who suggested that I needed and Auto electrician and he suggested that I ask Rick Motoroaming. I rang Rick and he suggested BR Cartronics.
Went to see them and spoke with Bernard, he is a petrol head and an electronics wizard, I explained my situation and he agreed to sort it out.. I also showed him the nest of wired in the Rapido and he then went off on a tangent about what all the bits did (see pic) Broken Link Removed
The van was taken there, some 11 miles away, they then brought me home in a rather nice expensive BMW…
After a day or so, they advised me that the data/signal from the sensor was going to the ECU via the Can Bus and that a signal was coming out of the ECU to the dash, they had checked the dash and there were some issues with the data on the dash. They then took the dash off and sent it to be analysed/fixed. Some days later Bernard rang and said that they could not repair the dash as there was some corruption on the ‘chip’ and the data could not be restored. Reluctantly they advised that the dash cluster would have to replaced. I rang around FIAT and the price of a new dash/cluster was over £800 plus.. Eventually I got a brand new one from a dealer in Southampton for £200, it appeared they had ordered it for a customer who never turned up. My luck had changed.
The item was delivered to BR Cartronics and they fitted it and again it failed, they were stumped, they then brought in another person, the ones who reset the data i.e. mileage and take the data off the old dash to analyse and try that on the new dash, that failed, he then used a dataset from his library to install on the new dash, that failed.
BR Cartronics then decided to use some Tone Generator equipment on the wiring to see if there was any issues with the harness, nothing found.
They then took the ECU out sent it away to have that tested and analysed, the company that looked at the ECU advised that the ECU was corrupting the data output, BR Cartronics then had the ECU replaced and the data restored, fitted it to the van and hey presto it worked.
During all this work, they would pick me up and deliver me home, when I wanted the van, no problem, as long as I knew that my tempo gauge did not work.
Their professionalism is beyond doubt and their premises have a clean waiting area, free coffee and wifi (you have to ask for wifi), if you are waiting they give you an update every hour and are polite in the extreme.
I had two major concerns with BR Cartronics.
a) That they would say that they had tried their best and failed and they could not help me.
b) The cost.

The end result of all this is, my van is fixed, BR Cartronics will not give up and keep their promise and the bill? Well that was ½ what I expected.

I have added a few pics of their waiting room, they are as far as I am concerned Number 1, I will be taking my Rapido there to be serviced and MOT’d, they have all the equipment and it’s all very modern and they are well organised, the workshop is tidy, clean and the staff brilliant.
I have no issues in recommending BR Cartronics. A model for others to follow.

A job well done....

BR CARTRONICS
Unit 6b
The Sidings
Merrylees Industrial Estate
Desford
Leicestershire
LE9 9FE
Tel: 01530 231100
Email: service@brcartronics.com

Attachments

• 20120718_093722 (Small).jpg
    20120718_093722 (Small).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 20120718_094028 (Small).jpg
    20120718_094028 (Small).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20120718_094048 (Small).jpg
    20120718_094048 (Small).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 20120718_094124 (Small).jpg
    20120718_094124 (Small).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 20120718_094132 (Small).jpg
    20120718_094132 (Small).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Glad to hear you got it sorted Dave and may I add that if Rick says they are good, they must be.

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Glad to hear you got it sorted Dave and may I add that if Rick says they are good, they must be.

Dave they are very professional, they even have laser guides to make sure the vehicle is central when they take it on the ramp.

No greasemonkey in sight, all neat, tidy, warm waiting room with air con. They even put my van in a secure parking (indoors) overnight.

All I can say is that BR Cartronics will not give up, they will see the job through and Bernard is a really nice guy, polite and knows his stuff.

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I thought that's what was wrong with it!:Eeek:

Seriously, it really is refreshing to hear of someone that will see it through, and knows what they are doing.

Craig.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
All that for the engine temperature gauge.

Not long ago, new gauge £5. New wire £1. Fitting £10.

Progress, don't you love it.

PS.....

Of course, I'm forgetting. Just the gauge, it had a think copper pipe and a bulb screwed into the engine. With nice curly bits so the pipe did not fracture.

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Nice to see a good result!

One thing you cannot give with electrics is a guarantee to find the fault straight away, and a price - and that is the first two things the customer wants to know!

Nice waiting area too - I do have coffee machine, TV, and Wifi in mine, but it is a little smaller and more basic.

Make sure you give him a good review on review sites - most helpful to them.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
So you have a good, working, CHEAP dash the Shiffty ?? :winky:

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
“Guess what?

No the thing has not broken down.

No the van has not been stolen.

Mrs ShiftZZ has not signed up for the All Blacks.

BR Cartronics rang as a 'follow up', to see if everything was ok... What a star... So different from others I have dealt with in the past...

I just wished they did work on Motorhomes, I bet they would use the same size screws and keep their promises...

Well done Bernard and his team...

A very happy ShiftZZ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back