BP gas light 5kg bottle(homebase) (1 Viewer)

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
I've just realised that I have one of these bottles attached to a bbq. Can these only be exchanged in UK or are they available in Europe?
I'm just looking for options for backing up my 2 6kg cylinders.
I do have a camping gaz 907 but that seems an expensive option.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I don't know about exchanging the BP plastic bottles, but I had one on a patio heater a few years back and from memory, it was an entirely different connector to the 6kg bottles on the motorhome.
Personally, I wouldn't be too keen on carrying a loose bottle, or even a secure spare bottle in a garage, or under a bunk.

If you think you will need extra gas, have you considered changing to a system that you can refill yourself at service stations.

Recent thread on that subject.... http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/refillable-gas-bottles.143274/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
In uk the bp cylinder has a 27mm clip on regulator. I have seen these cylinders in europe BUT with the " calor butane lh thread" connector. Not sure which countries but its a no to exchanging them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As above.. UK ONLY..
So little point to carry it really as once it runs out that's it..
Depending where you plan to visit may be better to get a gas bottle and adaptor in the country.
The BBQ and pipe fitting are still the same.

Upvote 0
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
We use a 10kg BP gas light as our standard bottle which uses a that connects to a butane pigtail. You cannot exchange the bottles abroad (as far as I'm aware) but its worth knowing that same clip-on adaptor will also fit a French "le cube" bottle.

Upvote 0

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
but its worth knowing that same clip-on adaptor will also fit a French "le cube" bottle.
Le Cube is available from most French supermarkets, it's a similar size to a Calor bottle but made from a lightweight material. Just make sure that if it's winter you get a Propane one (blue top)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back