Boxer Rearview Mirror Fixing (1 Viewer)

Feb 6, 2019
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Explore RL
Exp
Since 2012
Is there anyone out there that knows how to reattach the bracket of a rear view mirror on a 2018 Peugeot Boxer? While resting in the Swiss sunshine, I decided to adjust the height of my rear view screen, as one does, which is attached to the mirror. Unfortunately the mirror bracket became unattached from its fixing which is behind a plastic cover. There doesn’t appear to be any obvious way to get behind or remove the covering and I’m dubious to attack it with a screwdriver. Does anyone know how the plastic cover can be removed? As I don’t have any rear window, having the rear view screen dangling at funny angles make driving interesting. Any help appreciated before I find a friendly Peugeot dealer when I get to France.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I think you hold it vertical, push it in and then rotate 90 degrees anticlockwise

OP
OP
Notts Archer
Feb 6, 2019
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Explore RL
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Nasher, Does that mean I need to twist it 90 degrees left to insert then turn anti-clockwise to lineup?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
As above post.
They are awkward to fit.
If you push too hard you can crack the windscreen { as My ex-boss did at a Motorhome Dealership }

OP
OP
Notts Archer
Feb 6, 2019
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Explore RL
Exp
Since 2012
As above post.
They are awkward to fit.
If you push too hard you can crack the windscreen { as My ex-boss did at a Motorhome Dealership }

Thanks for the warning. I think I might give a try in the morning as I would hate to go to bed knowing I’ll need to replace the windscreen in the morning, I wouldn’t get any sleep(y).

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks for the warning. I think I might give a try in the morning as I would hate to go to bed knowing I’ll need to replace the windscreen in the morning, I wouldn’t get any sleep(y).
Good luck!

Let us know what happens.

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
If your in Brienz there’s a very good hardware shop in the village if you need anything glue wise to fix it.

OP
OP
Notts Archer
Feb 6, 2019
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Explore RL
Exp
Since 2012
If your in Brienz there’s a very good hardware shop in the village if you need anything glue wise to fix it.

Thanks for the suggestion but we were in Brienz two years ago so not on our route this year but we will return. We’ve now crossed into France and taking a leisurely pace towards tunnel as we have plenty of time to get there. I like a good hardware shop so I’ll check it out the next time in the area. Hopefully I won’t need one on this occasion (y).

OP
OP
Notts Archer
Feb 6, 2019
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Explore RL
Exp
Since 2012
I think you hold it vertical, push it in and then rotate 90 degrees anticlockwise

Good luck!

Let us know what happens.

Thanks Nasher and Maison. I managed to get it in but I could only turn it about 45 degrees without too much brute force and ignorance. It appears to be stable enough to hold until I back so thanks again to you both.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Nasher and Maison. I managed to get it in but I could only turn it about 45 degrees without too much brute force and ignorance. It appears to be stable enough to hold until I back so thanks again to you both.

Have you tried inserting it at 45 degrees and turning it 45 degrees?

Hoover

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own a van
I had the same issue and worked out a easy fix.
Put a small spot of grease on the bracket on the rear of the mirror then gently twist it and it just popped on.
Discovered the grease works a treat after 30 mins messing around trying to reattach.

OP
OP
Notts Archer
Feb 6, 2019
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Explore RL
Exp
Since 2012
I had the same issue and worked out a easy fix.
Put a small spot of grease on the bracket on the rear of the mirror then gently twist it and it just popped on.
Discovered the grease works a treat after 30 mins messing around trying to reattach.
Thanks, I will certainly give that a try. I’ve been driving around with the bracket at 45 degrees after several attempts over the past year to get it to lock in properly. I’ll let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back