Boxer Instrument Panel (1 Viewer)

Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
Our last Boxer had 3 replacement panels in the first 18 months. Our present new Boxer with a totally different look panel has lasted 3 months and is visiting our Peugeot dealer next week for a new panel. Are we unlucky or is it a widespread problem?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Widely know and experienced issue.
Our 2013 Autotrail had it's 3rd one fitted a couple of weeks ago.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Just today I noticed when I switch cruise control on, ABS and water in fuel filter light illuminate. Booked into Peugeot dealer on Tuesday, ours is 2014 van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
My fiat the same when cruise on ,when they change it does the speedo go back to 0
They plug a machine into motorhome that stores the readings and some of the set-up which is then transferred back to the new unit so odometer reading remains same.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Had our 2014 boxer to the Peugeot dealer re the dreaded cruise control / instrument panel lights problem today. After convincing the mechanic that there was an actual problem :swear2: they finally said they would order a new instrument pod. I wait with bated breath :pray:

Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
As an addition to this , the service manager has just told us he can't understand why Fiat keep changing these, at £700 a time, since they haven't yet solved the problem. ANY units fitted are likely to be faulty. I had naively thought they'd fixed it, but that there were still a few rogue units in the system. It seems not. And it's not just Ducato/Boxers - it's across most of the the Fiat range. It's a scary that the appearance of warning lights will be put down to a faulty cluster. One of these days a light, for example a brake fail warning light will be for real, get ignored, and somebody will get killed. Worst case obviously, but possible.

arao99

Free Member
Feb 3, 2012
west midlands
Funster No
MH
dont own
Exp
May 2012
My 2015 Fiat based motorhome has the same problem cruise control / instrument panel lights problem, I waiting for my dealer to get back to me parts on back order.

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
A big thanks for these and other related posts. They helped to quickly identify the solution to the problem.

Our 2014 motorhome just 24 hours before our warranty was up started with the problem of warning lights coming on when we moved the cruise control switch to the on position.

Struggled to get it sorted within the warranty period, but the panel has now been replaced.

Allegedly the replacement pinnacle for the instrument panel is now immune from damp ingress problems that have been causing the faults,

Apparently it has happened in a lot of fiat, Peugeot, and other similar vehicles.

Any way shows the benefit of this forum.

Thanks for all the previous heads up

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
It is well known and documented issue. The real con however is dealers charging £700-£900 to replace. When we had the fault, our van insurer knew all about it and insisted that the instrument panel be removed and sent to Cartonix who replace a cheap component and return after testing and give a 2 year warranty. All this for £150.
As a recent motorhomer, I've learned one thing-that anything to do with motorhomes costs 300% more than if it was just a van or a car! It's something that trading standards should look at.

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Not wanting to sound smug, we haven't got CC and so far over 9 years apart from the step and the alarm, we've had nothing major go wrong with our 2005 Autocruise and we've done 102,000 miles so far. Here's to the next 100,000 hopefully trouble free.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back