Boxer cab fan u/s (1 Viewer)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
A friend bought an '05 Compass motorhome last August, used it for a weekend away and then due to commitments had to leave it parked on her drive till now. Unfortunately, being unfamiliar with the setup, she left the hab heater fan running on it's lowest setting and the power select switch on "car" which killed her vehicle battery. I fitted a new battery for her yesterday and everything is fine in that respect but we noticed the cab blower fan won't work on any speed setting. I knew there was an issue with the resistor packs on some vehicles but couldn't get online to search at our location. I checked the 30 amp fuse for the fan and that was fine. Does anyone know the location of the resistor pack for this rhd bus ? I've offered to investigate for her, but she needs to use it in 10 days time for a week in The Lakes and I don't want to pull the dash to bits and have to wait for parts when she could be using it and wiping the windscreen with a cloth.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Found one on line that says this;
the blower motor speed resistor on a boxer van is behind the glovebox.

you have to remove the lower part of the dash on passanger side, 6 screws hold it in place, 2 in glovebox, 3 along bottom of dash and 1 by the side window vent which is on the side of dash as you opened the door.

before you pull it away unplug speaker . resistor is underneath fan motor held in by 2 screws, has wiring plug on it with 4 wires

It will be quite close to the fan normally

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back