Mar 12, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
2year old Newbie. Now an adjusted Owner
Hi First Asking Post.
We have a Boxer Autocruise 2004 with rear air bags, only owned for 2 months.
I havent a clue about topping up the rear air suspension, currently reading on gauges 10psi. can anyone shed any light or is more info needed.
Havent used Doris (as we call her ) yet, still awaiting the all clear .
Thanks

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
10psi is probably right on the minimum, but have a look at the recent easytop suspension thread.....there’s a few users that have recently fitted it.

The principal is the same regardless of supplier (usually one of three brands for all the air springs).

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I think its all about trial & error before you find out the ideal Bar/PSI rating for your van, in differing circumstances like road surfaces, bends/roundabout sway etc.
10PSI or 0.689BAR seems a little low as most seem to set theirs at 1-1.5 Bar,(say 15 to 20 PSI) its handy if you have the on board compressor and can adjust the pressure up & down as you travel along to find "The Sweet Spot"for their given payload on the rear axle.
If you cannot adjust while on the move just increase it a little at a time and see what the difference is, if any.
hope that helps.
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mr-Snod
Mar 12, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
2year old Newbie. Now an adjusted Owner
Ok .. thanks. a little help was needed....and advised, as TinaL stated...Trial and error. will pump it up baby....see how we go.

Thanks

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Let it down to 5 psi with van empty, measure the height to the ground from the rear jacking points. Load you van pump it up till its the same height as when empty then add another 5psi. That should be somewhere near it. With semi air there should always be 10 psi at least when travelling to avoid damaging the air bags

BDM

Aug 17, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2008
AIR_01.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
nice drive along the seafront .....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back