Rally Chat Bournemouth Bank Holiday weekend (1 Viewer)

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We are in Cheddar Gorge for a few days then heading to Bournemouth for the weekend , planning to stay at the c&cc site at west parley ,
any other funster down that way or know of parking near southbourne please ?......
G n R

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have had dozens of "travellers"staying in all sorts of public places here in Poole and Bournemouth. I would just park up anywhere and claim to be an ethnic minority, they will even provide a skip and toilets. OOOOH do I sound peeved?
Seriously though, I am sure someone will know about parking near Southbourne.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if its parking, then the clifftop overlooking the sea is popular

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Watch out for restrictions if parking on street in Bournemouth, Graham. Off street you can park in Kings Park and Queens Road car parks but note "If all four wheels are unable to fit within one marked bay please find alternative parking as your vehicle is too large for the car park". http://www.motorhomeparking.co.uk/sweng.htm

Thanks Graham , i will watch out for that ,
we intend to go into Bournemouth on the Scooter , from west parley but was hoping to find some where a bit nearer ...

Reactions: GJH
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
....... "If all four wheels are unable to fit within one marked bay please find alternative parking as your vehicle is too large for the car park" ......
An interesting choice of words there by the council. Several motorhomes could get all four wheels within a bay yet still render one & sometimes three other bays unusable by other vehicles.

Not that I'm complaining though .....

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
An interesting choice of words there by the council. Several motorhomes could get all four wheels within a bay yet still render one & sometimes three other bays unusable by other vehicles.

Not that I'm complaining though .....
I'm not complaining either because at least it is a clear definition. A number of councils use the "fit within a bay" definition but it is not clear whether it applies just to the wheels or the whole vehicle.

It's on my list of things to clear up with the councils concerned, when I have time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back