Bourg Saint Maurice and Les Arc (1 Viewer)

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Due to conditions imposed by Eurotunnel I now need to take my postponed summer trip on my own before April.
So I'm going to Bourg Saint Maurice with Motorhome probably early January. Planning to travel from Edinburgh to arrive in Folkestone at 11pm park up somewhere then train at 6am to France.
10 hours down the road to Bourg Saint Maurice.
Going to stay at camping Huttopia for a week and ski for 6 days before heading back up road.😳

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Fab, enjoy 👍. Bourg is on my radar for a ski trip too. Low down so not so cold but the funicular whizzes you up in no time....and a proper town for food etc so much less expensive than alpine villages. I'm pretty sure there are lockers at the top funicular station so you don't need to carry your gear every day.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
This is or was a great campsite but higher up the mountain and quick to get to La Plange if you so wish!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chris Laing
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
This is or was a great campsite but higher up the mountain and quick to get to La Plange if you so wish!

I'm staying in the main town because I'm not spending 400 quid on snow tyres. I'll just get a set of snow chains but I doubt I'll need to use the.

Oct 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
New MH but campervan owner for a couple of years
Due to conditions imposed by Eurotunnel I now need to take my postponed summer trip on my own before April.
So I'm going to Bourg Saint Maurice with Motorhome probably early January. Planning to travel from Edinburgh to arrive in Folkestone at 11pm park up somewhere then train at 6am to France.
10 hours down the road to Bourg Saint Maurice.
Going to stay at camping Huttopia for a week and ski for 6 days before heading back up road.😳
Good choice - We’re booked in again next year. Didn’t manage to get a locker at the top last year, sorry year before, but looking into it now. If anyone has a link please do share!

Cheers.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
There should be a grace period for the changeover to compulsory winter tyres. There was in Germany, M&S tyres were still legal for 5 years as long as they had been fitted before the changeover date. I can't see the French making it compulsory in the next few weeks and expecting everyone to purchase new tyres immediately. (Michelin campers are M&S)

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
There should be a grace period for the changeover to compulsory winter tyres. There was in Germany, M&S tyres were still legal for 5 years as long as they had been fitted before the changeover date. I can't see the French making it compulsory in the next few weeks and expecting everyone to purchase new tyres immediately. (Michelin campers are M&S)
There is, M&S are still acceptable for 3 years then the 3 peaks marking will be compulsory as winter tyres. HOWEVER, the new French law is winter tyres OR chains, fitting winter tyres is still not compulsory.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back