Bought one 3 litre 166hp. (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
After so long and so much disappointment we have paid the deposit today and sent the contract back, after finding this in Germany. Pick up in 5 to 6 weeks.
Its a small A class 6.5 metre, perfect size for touring, Iveco twin rear wheel, rear wheel drive was a must, we like small CL sites. Its got everything we need, oven, x2 140amp gel batteries, solar, cab air, Goldschmitt rear air, sat dish, tv, 3 litre 166bhp , big garage with built in bike rack, Alde heating, and Truma heating(expensive option when ordered from new). 40C 17 chassis, 4.5 tonne.
CONCORDE IVECO 2005.jpg

Just to get it back now without smashing it up, happy days.

The only downside is I realise that in a few years it will be worth 50 pence as diesels are further demonised:D

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Only 5-6 weeks sleepless nights then....:D2

Looks great, we really noticed the difference of coming down in length by a metre to 6.5, really opened up more spaces for us...

Happy travels..(y)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Well I'll be buggered. You've certainly been round the houses Cazpaul, A class, self build pvc's to name but two.

IMO you found a beaut, Im a little biased because we have a Concerto on a Sprinter, and we know of another Funster, @pablomc Paul & Leanne, who have a Concerto on the Iveco chassis, and amazingly, they live in your neck of the woods.

Im sure you won't be disappointed.

Attached pic of Connie, she is about 0.4 mts shorter than the Charisma on the same chassis.

IMG_2049.jpg

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Only 5-6 weeks sleepless nights then....:D2

Looks great, we really noticed the difference of coming down in length by a metre to 6.5, really opened up more spaces for us...

Happy travels..(y)

Yes we have had everything from a 5.59 metre Murvi Morello to a 7 metre A class and a 8.33 metre 6.4 tonne monster which was great once you had arrived, it was just the getting there:D2.
It needed to be a LHD, rear wheel drive and this is a good size for touring, chain driven cam.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Well I'll be buggered. You've certainly been round the houses Cazpaul, A class, self build pvc's to name but two.

IMO you found a beaut, Im a little biased because we have a Concerto on a Sprinter, and we know of another Funster, @pablomc Paul & Leanne, who have a Concerto on the Iveco chassis, and amazingly, they live in your neck of the woods.

Im sure you won't be disappointed.

Attached pic of Connie, she is about 0.4 mts shorter than the Charisma on the same chassis.

View attachment 214639

Thanks, yes I noticed you had a Concorde, there may well be a few questions in your direction in a couple of months:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes its been a long struggle, good heavens, there is some crap about when you look.
The amount of skirts I have put my hand up to feel a damp, soggy mess, fingers straight up through the gunge. Really put me off older Hymers it did.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
WOW!

That is one hell of a find. What a great motorhome, really is.

Such cracking Spec.

Think I may have some envy.

May I ask how many €aero bars? Or have you said/none of my business?.

Happy and Safe Travels.....

First refusal please?

TM

Cheers, its none of your business how much it was, I would be a fool if I revealed that it was 37000 euros.

Oops, sh1t.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
With regards to yours and @canopus 's motorhomes. These are both high quality motorhomes that are a bit like dobby horse. And regardless of the diesel debate, they retain value and will sell much easier than a lot of mainstream models. I will not mention Brands or Models as I do not wish to offend or upset anyone.

They are a bit like an old Rolex next to a Swatch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back