Bought myself another toy (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Please don't turn this into an argument, just my view, why the hell does anyone ride push bikes, when they have a license to drive something with an engine.
What I was thinking?
Probably for the same reason they walk,run swim,play rugby,or football,,its simple,,they enjoy it and excercise is good for you..BUSBY
there's 6 more on the list :LOL:
That’s a bit like saying “why the hell play golf, hitting a little white ball around seeing how many times you have to hit it to get it into a hole, why dont you just go for a walk instead”
“Whats the point of table tennis, hitting a ball back and forth over a chuffing net, tables are meant for eating off”
& 2 more(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
What I was thinking?

there's 6 more on the list :LOL:

& 2 more(y)
None of these things though, involve rideing a kids toy with two flimsy wheels among things that can kill you in an instant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
None of these things though, involve rideing a kids toy with two flimsy wheels among things that can kill you in an instant.
Bit like crossing the road then. ::bigsmile:

Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB

But we don't die instantly....it is you who don't ride that die.

From Forbes.

A five-year study of 263,450 UK commuters, published in the British Medical Journal in 2017, found regular cycling cut the risk of death from any cause by 41%, and the incidence of cancer and heart disease by 45% and 46% respectively.

Other large-scale studies have found similar. One of the biggest and best studies about the health benefits of cycling was carried out by the Copenhagen Center for Prospective Population Studies. Over some years, researchers studied 13,375 women and 17,265 men. Many died during the study period, and their ages were logged. Those who regularly cycled – say, to work – were found to live longer. Report author Lars Bo Andersen said: “The major findings of this large-scale study were that in both sexes and in all age groups ... those who used the bicycle as transportation to work experienced a lower mortality rate even after adjustment for leisure time physical activity ... Those who did not cycle to work experienced a 39% higher mortality rate than those who did.”

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Porkster have you been out on that bike yet. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back