Bought at last - my first motorhome (1 Viewer)

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Well after many years of dreaming and then thinking it was possible I have now purchased my first motorhome.

Ive got myself a Swift Sundance 630G, 2007 model.

Apologies for anyone on the road from Wales back to Manchester if i dazzled them. This wasnt to do with the main beam of the headlights, this was actually the dazzle from my smiling grinning face as I drove along with my new home behind me, ::bigsmile:

Of course i will have challenges to come, like how to make things work, how to repair things and the underlying worry of someone trying to take my new toy away from me :cry:

but for now, just now, im going to bed with a smile on my face. Just need to call Manchester Airport Air Traffic Control so they inform planes not to try and land on the beam from my smile..

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Enjoy your new pride and joy sounds as if you are going to have some good times together.:Smile: and welcome to the wonderful world of motorhomeing. :thumb:

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Great stuff, on the road, congrats :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

yoshi

Free Member
Feb 22, 2010
Gloucester
Funster No
Exp
6 months
You keep on grinning its a great feeling i will be doing much the same on friday when we pick up our second motorhome an autotrail cheyanne 635 ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Great feeling, and the best part is you get a chance to repeat it when you update.

For now just enjoy.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
Welcome you dont have to be mad to be here but it helps have fun and dont worry your find all the help here if you have any problems :thumb::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
this was actually the dazzle from my smiling grinning face as I drove along with my new home behind me, ::bigsmile:

Just need to call Manchester Airport Air Traffic Control so they inform planes not to try and land on the beam from my smile..

Poetic devil aren't you.

God help us when you get out in it for real, we're in for an epic poem.

Well you can always get into gear and join us at Newark this weekend :Smile:

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the world of happy campers. I hope you will enjoy a run back to Wales and come join us at the Carmarthen motorhome show/meet in April, see link below.
Link Removed

We have an active chatroom, someone there every evening and a Quiz on Thursdays 8-9pm.

welcome.gif

Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and Welcome to the joy of Motorhoming. Just taken ours back to storage after a weekend away and only wish I could be away in it more, that day will come. May you enjoy lots of happy holidays in your new purchase and keep ::bigsmile:

Dale

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Another first timer into the web...excellent :welcomefunster: all your troubles are just beginning..but you`re in good company. :thumb:

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
You keep on grinning its a great feeling i will be doing much the same on friday when we pick up our second motorhome an autotrail cheyanne 635 ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Hi Yoshi, excellent choice of M/H we have a Cheyenne 634, first placed we stopped was The Tudor caravan park Slimbridge, lovely place nice walks along the canal to Frampton and a splendid pub to relax in at night.

Enjoy your Auto-trail. :thumb:

Upvote 0

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Have fun and enjoy, you will soon no doubt have it packed and ready to go at the drop of a hat

Upvote 0

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
New Motorhome

Welcome to the addictive world of travelling instyle and meeting many new friends either in the UK or the continent.
You mentioned 'hope nobody takes it from me' just read many funsters comments on security etc and put them into reality.
Good luck -- you will enjoy, its easier than you think.

Ron W

Upvote 0
OP
OP
themountaintiger

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Thanks to all

Thanks for all your kind words..Just bought new bedding, TV and 3litre box of wine and of course the glasses to put the wine in..got to get my priorities right. Looking now to book somewhere for weekend not to far away...

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back