bought a Smart car to cheer myself up (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It's out just now.. It's black outside and our cat is that black it's impossible to see it. That how black our blackie is.. (y)
This is out of compleately out of charcter but our two are blacker then black:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Motorhome Muppets

Free Member
Dec 1, 2014
Nr Uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Are you sitting up as high in the new ones as you were in the older ones, or are they just like other mico cars ? I used to have the older style one and like sitting up high.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Are you sitting up as high in the new ones as you were in the older ones, or are they just like other mico cars ? I used to have the older style one and like sitting up high.

Yes it has height adjust wide doors easy access. More spacious then wife's fiesta. It's 100 mm wider them earlier models...its really a compleately new heavier car, different ride. Proper auto at last. Power steering. I didn't want to spend the money on new but as so much better and not as compromised as earler I had to...

Try one I think you will be surprised...

Eddie

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Sorry to here you have parted with your motorhome Eddie. I hope you're back in one again soon.
We've been thinking about a Smart Car and have been warned about the comfort issues on the earlier models. I would opt for trailerover a frame but was concerned about all the space need on a pitch to keep a trailer. So what's this about a folding trailer?

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Sorry to here you have parted with your motorhome Eddie. I hope you're back in one again soon.
We've been thinking about a Smart Car and have been warned about the comfort issues on the earlier models. I would opt for trailerover a frame but was concerned about all the space need on a pitch to keep a trailer. So what's this about a folding trailer?

There is a thread on here somewhere? google smart folding trailer, expensive but was not type approved:(

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Nice one enjoy your travels and every moment of ya new travel companion (y) keep well,regards Alf

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
For the same money you could have bought a Thai bride - now that would have really cheered you up !

Had 3 of them..do try and keep up, why do you think my health so poor!:LOL:

ebikejohn

Free Member
Dec 11, 2015
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2006
Really nice cars, was lucky enough to drive both this and it's (near) identical twin sister the Renault Twingo last year albeit in manual guise.

I thought that they were quirky, quick & fun. Not sure what happened though because I ended up with a something completely different.

I'm sure you're going to have fun.

Smart & Renault choosing Getrag has to be good news, they have a great reputation and they certainly know a thing or two about gearboxes, interesting to see that Getrag are now Canadian owned, I have almost got used to British companies being taken over by foreign investors but German companies usually remain German, do you remember the fuss when Vodafone bought Mannesmann in 1999?

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Sorry @Judge Mental , But I tried one . I think I will stick to my Audi A4. IT is the 2.8 . Not very good on petrol. But it is German, and it will just about tow anything. And I can get my fat behind in it no problem . But we hope you enjoy yours. And we hope to see you in a motorhome again very soon.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Picked it up yesterday...all good really pleased, for ÂŁ1000 more then a used 2015 I have a brand new high spec one...

Black leather with heated/height adjustable seats
power steering now standard
6 speed Gertag auto box with twin clutch..a dream compared to old one
Eco & Sport setting
7 inch colour Sat nav/Bluetooth/entertainment centre. Leave your phone in the pocket, do everything on screen.

I must admit a LHD would be more natural as I'm right handed..guess I'll get used to it:)

Traffic data/computer with Tom Tom live traffic (3 years)
16 inch Merc AMG style wheels
tyre pressure monitoring
Ambient lighting
parking sensors and rear camera
comfort package
LED & Sensor package and headlighs
Cool media package
Panoramic glass roof

got 13% could have got 15% from Broker with a wait till June. I could have driven this away the next day. they had 10 in stock, 3 black this the highest spec...

3 year warranty with 3 year UK/EU breakdown,
4 year service package ÂŁ15 a month. they pick it up and deliver back Inc: vat and spare parts

It has taken my mind of the loss of motor homing so a nice tonic:coffee:

That is it all in a small roomy package...catch me if you can!:)

car.jpg

car 2.jpg

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Lovely little car and so glad you've got your wheels back!enjoy! And good luck with house hunting today!(y)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Lovely little car and so glad you've got your wheels back!enjoy! And good luck with house hunting today!(y)
That's postponed as Mrs Mental under the weather. ..its all this blooming cycling in all weathers :(

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Any flash harry want one like this it's for sale at mercedez purley:)

20160318_110242.jpg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Won't look reight oop Norf !! 'Ow mooch' !!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Good for you !
Shame it's not electric
I guess the speed and economy is not for everyone

have had it over a month, used daily including a trip to the coast an back..thought I would top it up ÂŁ20! its an amazing little city car. Just in the ease of London parking it has justified the purchase. On motorway 70-80 no problem keeps up with traffic. but ride on the 16 inch wheels hard so a mistake on my behalf! stick with 15 inch mark my words the reviews are right! while ride OK for short motorways runs we will take wife's Ford on long runs...not half as much fun or as economical but easier on the bum:)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Best of all (I forgot) wife and family hate it so its all mine!...wife finds it embarrassing and as she averages 1-2 accidents a year that's fine by me! got to the stage now she is afraid to tell me:D

That dont work either lol..as I tell them she is accident free for 5 years (does not declare minor stuff) but I get a letter from insurers increasing my premium!...just give her the extra bill:censored:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back