Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
IMG_3592.JPG
IMG_3593.JPG
IMG_3594.JPG
I was so fed up of the Cadac blowing out with the slightest puff of wind that we never took it with us on our Spring trip,just as well because it was windy nearly the whole time we were away. When we were staying at Falesia we had a German couple next to us who were very seasoned motorhomers, I mentioned about how I wasn't happy with the Cadac and he started extolling the virtues of his Swiss made BBQ. He got it out of his van to show us it and it did look quite impressive,so I went online to find out where I could buy one only to find out they didn't make the model he had any more. Instead of the crab type base they now make it with tripod legs something like the Cadac,so back to building it up to use it. Roll on 2 months and I'am home trawling through the internet looking for one of the original models,could get one in Amsterdam but they wouldn't post to Scotland. Anyway looked on eBay and found one,it arrived yesterday so last nights dinner was made on it. Very happy with it but time will tell if it is easy to to use and keep clean. It is called the European Outdoor Chef City Grill. It came with the mesh type cooking grid and a griddle plate,there are two funnels over the burner and you can flip the top one depending on whether you want to grill or bake. I ordered a pizza stone for it which has just arrived as it's meant to be able to make great pizzas,which is a favourite of mine. Would have tried it again tonight but it has started raining. :(

Deleted User
I think they should rename it crapac I gave up on mine long ago. The safari chef is ok though.

Spongy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Better get your home delivery orders in quick guys. Rumour tells he's going "all electric" on 3rd September!:whistle::eek:
On the plus side could be a second-hand Outdoor Chef City Grill up for sale soon.:whistle::giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back