Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
Hi all that was at the meet,

Just wanted to say what a fantastic time we had this weekend, it was such a great turn out and great puting faces to names (although I am sure I will forget a few)

The weather was good considering, and I am glad we managed to bring some sun with us, fantastic BBQ Saturday evening.

Just wanted to apologise the the 'few' we upset when my son played the recorder (which was a lovely present from Sharon, thankyou to you :winky:)

Few photos on the gallery

A big thank you to everyone that came and sang Happy Birthday to Matthew, even if he did go a bit shy, it is certainly a birthday that he, and us, will look back on with the fondest of memories

I am sure lots of others will post stories with all the fun and games we all had with the electrics on site :RollEyes:

I also wanted to say an extra big thank you and hug to Sharon for being so great, you did brill ::bigsmile:

JimJam - I will keep posting, will try to keep the 90 posts a day going :ROFLMAO:

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Good times

Hi Guys & Gals.
A big thank you to all that helped to organize the Bosworth Meet.:thumb:
It was nice to meet you all and put faces and motorhomes to names.
Sorry to anyone that we missed :cry: although you were the lucky ones:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hope you all have a safe journey home!:thumb:
Happy camping
Kath & Graham

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi everyone,

Thanks to all who made this a very enjoyable meet - and to Jim for providing a gazebo which was an absolute must on Friday night with the bad weather!

Great to meet new people and old friends. Hope to catch up with some of you again at future meets and shows.

Pics look great Deb, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought Matthew showed real talent on his recorder :ROFLMAO: Did the candle blowing pics not come out?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Poor Relations

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
Hi Sharon

Photos of blowing out cake not so good, have posted one with him looking more keen on the can of beer than the cake :ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Well done to the Organisers of the BIG MEET, we had a great time and met and made many new friends, its always good to put faces to names ,its a shame i cant remember them,
Thanks to JimJam for the Circus tent, I will be referd to,as that from now on because it was a Circus putting it up, it said in the instructions that it should take two men 30 mins, well for those of you not there it didn't.
More like 30 men two hours but hey Ho, it kept the elements from us all, and with the chritsmas rope lights and American light bowls that were borrowd from Bryan and Suzy,it looked like a proper venue, all that was missing was the free bar and a portaloo in one corner and we could have charged an entrance fee
Again weel Done and Thank you
Geo & Pammy

OP
OP
The Poor Relations

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
And a big thanks to Geo and Pammy for the heater, shame the electric on site couldn't cope :ROFLMAO:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi A big thank you to all for the meet , putting names to faces !! what a big friendly bunch we are. ::bigsmile: The tent went down well especially in the fiiday night drizzle

thanks jim:thumb: and bryan ... a big thankyou to all i met!!!/ dwite / justme/ tinaglenn/ pappajohn/daveto name a few and all the others:Sad: i didnt get to chat too , :Blush:

catch you all again soon::bigsmile: in a rv ...:thanks2:

RAY

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
YoooHooooooo, we're home!!!

:Blush: After an eventful journey getting there, we had a trouble free journey back (with the exception of losing the kids on the way out! :RollEyes: )

A HUGE thanks to everyone for making our very first meet a brilliant experience, we had a ball !! ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:

You never know.....I might manage him to do the "camping" thing again.....that is providing I get the directions right! :roflmto:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Bosworth meet

Hi

Thanks to all for looking after "the single one"!

Matthew - well done with your recorder - you play it better than the scout troop that were pitched behind me!

Russell

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
From the Lincoln contingency

Dear all

What a crackin' time we had and a huge thanks to Stew and Paul for cooking the barbee last night - the new Gordon Ramsey and Marco Pierre White, without the bad language :ROFLMAO:

Well done Jim - looks like we're more than a match for the dark side ::bigsmile:

Sharon - as ever - fabulous site, one we must go back to next year.

(Sorry, this is turning in to an Oscar speech!!).

Great bunch of folks, look forward to the next time.

Pete and Di

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi

Thanks to all for looking after "the single one"!

Matthew - well done with your recorder - you play it better than the scout troop that were pitched behind me!

Russell

Russell, sorry I didn't get to see you this morning, but look forward to seeing you again soon - unless you are off to Italy again, in which case I hope you will keep us posted during your travels :winky:

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
we just got home after a few stops on the way, had a great time and nice to meet everyone. was a great venue

big thanks to jim for setting up this site in the first place

well i must go pack now as off to the usa tomorrow am really early, will be keeping an eye out in the local rags for rv's :thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi All
Just a quick thanks to everyone for making us welcome especially as this was our first meet, it was great to meet you all and put faces to the names.

See you soon
Rory & Jan

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Kath Drove

Well folks after the fantastic meet we were driving home and I asked Kath if she fancied driving.
She said yes :thumb:so ( not a big deal to a lot of us but for Kath it most certainly was as she had a bad experience about 4 years ago when she first tried, everything went wrong including the weather, it started to lash down in France just when she had sat in the drivers seat). She couldn't even reach the window winders ha ha.:ROFLMAO:
Anyway, she did well and got us home, so guess who will be driving to France next year????/:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I am really happy for her (and me):thumb:

E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi All

Just a quick thanks to everyone for making us welcome

Brian & Barb

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Thanks to everyone involved in setting up this meet. To Jimjam for the tent, a great place to meet up and chat with people and join in with the giant wasp watching :Eeek:
To all the people that we met, for Linda & Hubby for keeping Glenn busy and out of mischief :ROFLMAO: to Suzy and Brian for introducing us to all the people whose names I have remembered but not enough to put with the right faces :winky:

It was lovely to meet up with all the people we have read about and we both had a great time and will definatly be turning up at a few more meets next year.

Tina & Glenn

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Dear all

What a crackin' time we had and a huge thanks to Stew and Paul for cooking the barbee last night - the new Gordon Ramsey and Marco Pierre White, without the bad language :ROFLMAO:

Well done Jim - looks like we're more than a match for the dark side ::bigsmile:

Sharon - as ever - fabulous site, one we must go back to next year.

(Sorry, this is turning in to an Oscar speech!!).

Great bunch of folks, look forward to the next time.

Pete and Di

I didn't realise you were from Lincoln.?

OP
OP
The Poor Relations

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
no problem at all, braver than me, I certainly wouldn't do it.

Bet Kath is feeling really chuffed

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
grumblegrumblegrumblegrumbleno rv,stuckinsidewithacoldandtocapitallmyspacebarsbrokengrumblegrumblegrumblegladyouallhadagoodtimegrumblegrumblegrumble

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi everybody

Well what can i say that hasn't already been said

Fan blxxxy tastic

absolutly the best meet we have ever been on well done all involved in setting this one up
met a fantastic bunch of people some old freinds and some new freinds
rock on motorhome fun

can't wait to see you all again :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Thanks to all for an enjoyable weekend, sorry we were not with you all of the time, but we did not want to pass on our terrible colds, hence the sipping of Lucozade from a Whisky bottle on Saturday night.:winky:
Looking forward to joining you all again,

David & Joan

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Bosworth meet

Hi all

Just to say a huge thanks to everyone who contributed towards the raffling off, of Jim Jam's Motorhome***** sign.

For those that didn't attend this weekend -if you remember, Jim first put the sign on ebay for sale with the proceeds going to charity. Geo won the sign and Geo and myself thought what a great idea it would be for the sign to be raffled off with again, the proceeds going to a charity of our choice. Then hopefully the person who won it would again raise some more money for the charity of his/her choice.

Anyway the raffle took place last night and we raised £50 for Great Ormand Street. Guess who won .....

Jim Jam:Doh: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So look out for it again everyone, I think Jim's going to put it back on ebay again.

Thanks once again everyone.

Pammy

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
It's SO quiet here now:cry:just us in a big field:Doh:

Still :thumb:though:ROFLMAO:

Great to meet old and new friends:winky:

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Well done Kath, I had a feeling you would be having another go behind the wheel sooner rather than later. We knew you could do it :thumb: there was never any doubt ::bigsmile:

Tina

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi All

Just a quick thanks to everyone for making us welcome

Brian & Barb

hi brian,
the name of the site at benicasim is BONTERRA PARK.
great to have a chat last night and also everyone i met and talked to.:thumb:
hopefully naxt time there'll be a proper bar and restaurant with proper opening hours.:Sad:
trust me to run out of beer...........:Doh:
john.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back