Bosnia Insurance

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by motorhomer, Aug 16, 2018.

1. motorhomer

motorhomer Funster

Ratings:
    +447
    Has anyone managed to get fully comp insurance for a reasonably valuable motorhome for a trip to Bosnia? So far I have drawn a blank, my company - safeguard - flatly refuses and so does every other company I have tried. I have heard about maybe buying at the border but suspect that this would be legal provision - ie third party - only.
    Thanks

2. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +33,485
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +24,085
    As far as am aware Serbia is OK, but Bosnia is off limits to UK insurers. When travelling to the Black sea we transit Serbia for this reason. Any border insurance will only be basic third party cover.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. motorhomer

motorhomer Funster

Ratings:
    +447
    Thanks for the replies. I followed up the link from Jock, but that also lead to a blank. There was reference in that thread to Acromas which is AA or Saga, so I rang Saga and they also refused!
    Back to the drawing board!

5. Blue Knight

Blue Knight Funster

Ratings:
    +2,289
    Where in Bosnia do you want to visit and by which border entry-exit points. I may be able to suggest a few good routes.

That said, the important thing is the medical insurance which will need to cover you for full private repatriation services. Bosnia is a beautiful place (I spent 3-years there in total) but it's not exactly easy to transit due to the various insurance restrictions.

6. tony_g

tony_g Funster

Ratings:
    +328
    Coming up to renewal, Comfort have just told me they will cover Bosnia and Montenegro now on a Green Card. Bad news is that it is on the same terms they now apply for Morocco (which used to be free). £22pw week for each country plus an arrangement fee of £20 for each country. But cover is comprehensive.

• Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  7. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

Ratings:
    +9,902
    Keep your lights on, drive through carefully, just like we all did.
    Phil

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. me you and pogo 2

me you and pogo 2 Funster

Ratings:
    +44
    Hi, you can avoid Bosnia altogether and still continue by road to Dubrovnik as we did this year. Get the regular ferry from Ploce to Trpanj, this is a Croatian peninsular that connects to the Croatian mainland underneath the Bosnia, it by passes Bosnia completely, no messing with insurance etc. it cost us £36 for a 6 metre van, I hope this helps.

• Informative Informative x 4
  9. me you and pogo 2

me you and pogo 2 Funster

Ratings:
    +44
    Hi, the GPS for the Ploce port in Croatia is N43.044161, E017.419866

meyouandpogo2

• Thanks Thanks x 1