Bosch e bike developments for 2016 (1 Viewer)

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Bought the missus this one
image.jpeg

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
I built my own ............................ :whistle:
Alloy frame, 7 speed hub gears, 250W motor, 300Wh battery.

I too have just converted a bike to electric - got the kit from Germany - as we wanted the pannier to be silver to match the existing bike - and the UK companies either said they had a black rack and I could spray it or others did not reply to my emails. The German choices were great and I could choose black or silver racks, batteries and rims so got a match - and I saved about £70 than buying in UK. Goes like rocket and took less than three hours to convert :xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I too have just converted a bike to electric - got the kit from Germany - as we wanted the pannier to be silver to match the existing bike - and the UK companies either said they had a black rack and I could spray it or others did not reply to my emails. The German choices were great and I could choose black or silver racks, batteries and rims so got a match - and I saved about £70 than buying in UK. Goes like rocket and took less than three hours to convert :xThumb:

link? :)

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
image.jpeg
how does the Yamaha compare as have not tried one yet...a few friends have but still prefer Bosch....Yamaha a good bit cheaper

do you do proper mountain stuff then:)

Reading throu the specs the 2016 Yamaha motor seems a little ahead of the Bosch (by fractions), just joined a local club been doing some single track red route stuff with a view to trying different places further afield, used to ride mainly on-road but this is more interesting/ exciting (y)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Not ready for electric bike just yet plus im still sulking about how much my last bike cost me. And I got a great discount on that with lots of stuff thrown in so should be happy.
12063513_10153261215572087_1636150582245135597_n.jpg

LPB

Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Have posted links to Bosch powered bikes for £800 ...hardly extortionate for a proper riding experience.

The haibike I rode for almost two years I sold for what I paid for it...£1400 so cost me nothing!:)

Can you re post the links to the £800 Bosch powered bikes please?
I quite fancy an ebike now I have hit 60!
Thanks,
Lloyd.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
View attachment 85420

Reading throu the specs the 2016 Yamaha motor seems a little ahead of the Bosch (by fractions), just joined a local club been doing some single track red route stuff with a view to trying different places further afield, used to ride mainly on-road but this is more interesting/ exciting (y)

the photo kinda answers my question:) how could you! to such a beautiful bike:D

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Mine was an accident: I bought a cheap s/h bike off eBay to use for one specific task each year (campsite to motor racing sprint track). As (so I'm told) I suffer from OCD I stripped it to clean & rebuild it. Once it was in bits I spotted an alloy Giant frame on eBay so I bought that, stripped & repainted it, and then noticed a cheap ebike in the local paper. It turns out the guy selling it lived two houses away so it would have been rude not to buy it. So out of the parts strewn around my man-shed I used the front & rear wheels (motorised front, 7 speed hub rear) and motor control gubbins from the ebike, the alloy Giant frame, some handlebar controls from the cheap eBay bike, and a new battery from an eBay seller, to build the current machine. It works well & looks good.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Mine was an accident: I bought a cheap s/h bike off eBay to use for one specific task each year (campsite to motor racing sprint track). As (so I'm told) I suffer from OCD I stripped it to clean & rebuild it. Once it was in bits I spotted an alloy Giant frame on eBay so I bought that, stripped & repainted it, and then noticed a cheap ebike in the local paper. It turns out the guy selling it lived two houses away so it would have been rude not to buy it. So out of the parts strewn around my man-shed I used the front & rear wheels (motorised front, 7 speed hub rear) and motor control gubbins from the ebike, the alloy Giant frame, some handlebar controls from the cheap eBay bike, and a new battery from an eBay seller, to build the current machine. It works well & looks good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back