LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Bosch have released new software for the 2020 CX Pro motor as fitted to our Cube Kathmandu'S raising the maximum torque from 75nm to 85nm had ours done yesterday, seems much quicker to take off and better up hills, and the best thing is it does not seem to have affected battery range.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Didn't realise there had been a big update to the Performance Line CX motor last year which would have been fitted on the 2020 models. I suspect it makes quite a difference, not only by reducing the weight of the bike a tad as the motor itself is smaller, but also that you have a standard rather than the tiny front ring and your not putting effort into turning the motor once you get to that fictitious 25kph speed that the motor cuts out.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Think it depends on the bike shop, your local bike shop that you bought from might do it for free.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Evans cycles would charge you £20 for the firmware (software) change.

A word of caution for those who chip their e-bikes to remove the 25kmh limit (which is against all the rules and invalidates any warranties), I understand this new motor has internal circuitry that tries to prevent this and would put the motor into a limp mode.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Steve N Tracy

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
We got ours from the E-bike shop at Farnham, they provide free updates for life to the original customer, do other dealers not do the same?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back