Bordatlas or other? (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
What’s your thoughts on Bordatlas?
Is it worth the £20 odd fee or are the alternatives just as good? (Michelin/ ADAC)
I may be routing via Germany on my return leg from Garda in summer and want a decent atlas as a back up to my satnav and Campercontact app.
I see that Bordatlas includes a stellplatz guide which is handy.
Is it easy to understand with it being in German?

Danke mein Funsters!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I think it's good - hell of a lot of paper for the money.

There is an English guide and there are not that many words in use describing camping.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Must admit I’ve always thought of it the other way round - as an excellent Stellplatz guide which also has a decent map.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We stopped buying it as we now use campercontact and afew other free apps , don't get me wrong it was very useful at times but Lynne found it hard to use and she tells me where to go lol .

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
If you have more than one electronic device you have a backup so you don't need to lug paper versions about. If everything fails you can buy maps at a garage on route.
With the amount of crap that we usually pack to take away with us, I don’t think taking an extra book will make a dent on the payload but see your reasoning thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I popped in on my mate on Saturday and he asked me show him what I thought was the best route across part of France, he got out an atlas.
After ¼ hour I gave up, diving backwards and forwards thought all different pages & can't see the overall route.
If you are going to do route planning on a map you need sometime like the Michelin route planning map with the red cover, all of France on one big sheet.
When I got home I did it on a PC in a few minutes and emailed it to him.

Devra

Banned
Jun 1, 2016
Germany
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 585 Sport
Exp
Since 2000
Living in Germany as I do, we used to buy Bordatlas every year, but after a while found that the paper version , and the App, were very out of date.

I discovered what, for me, is my main source of data which is much better than Camper Contact. That is the website www.meinwomo.net.

The best experience is if you can read German. There are automatic translations into other languages, but I do not know how good they are.
You can register for free or buy a yearly subscription which lets you download maps, campsites, Stellplätze and POI for all of Europe, to use offline in something called SOS.
It is updated much more frequently than Camper Contact and all reports are moderated for accuracy, although comments are mostly by Germans.

The POIs contain a lot of information about places of interest, and some sites have dozens of photos.
Because the online and offline versions run in a browser, it can be used on Android, iPad, and PC/laptop under Windows and I also run the offline version under Linux.

I use this almost exclusively, with Camper Contact as a back-up.
For campsites I have ACSI which is invaluable in Germany, France and Spain although less so in the UK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back