LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Recently got an email from Vicarious Books (pretty normal) and as we're considering doing a lot more miles in Germany next year, we're looking at the best options for stopovers.
We've got ACSI (or will have when issued).
We've considered Camperstops but I prefer a map and reference points as opposed to purely an app. I'm not discounting the app but I like to see map etc. However, reading about Camperstop publication, it seems a bit sparse.
Anyway, how do I know?
We like All the Aires (obviously France edition but considering the Benelux too)
Plus, it's on offer. Only £1.50 off but also free postage.
Is it worth it please?

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
We have Board atlas Germany which his now three years old. You must remember that it is printed in German. So if you are looking for a detailed description you need to translate. They use symbols to show what is available.
We also have the Campercontact App. using both cross referencing what you see in Board atlas and reading any translated reviews on Campercontact gives an idea of the Stalplaza we are heading for.

I would say that Campercontact is very informative with the post codes and GPS. Be aware that the distance shown is by straight line not by route travelled.

Hope this helps

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Bordatlas is an extremely good database especially for Germany, Eastern Europe and Scandinavia. Never used the paper version but you can get it in an app. It costs but peanuts compared to what Vicarious charge for a book. You "rent" from memory 1 or 6 months or the full year. Not 100% English but once you understand the key and rating system it's intelligible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
EX51SSS

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
We have Board atlas Germany which his now three years old. You must remember that it is printed in German. So if you are looking for a detailed description you need to translate. They use symbols to show what is available.
We also have the Campercontact App. using both cross referencing what you see in Board atlas and reading any translated reviews on Campercontact gives an idea of the Stalplaza we are heading for.

I would say that Campercontact is very informative with the post codes and GPS. Be aware that the distance shown is by straight line not by route travelled.

Hope this helps
Ah yes, I do realise it's printed in German but symbols are apparently quite clear. I just don't want an app. For instance, I have ACSI and could have the app for free but I decided not to download because I don't want the app as I prefer or perhaps should I say, I want proper book/map etc.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Bord Atlas definitely the one to go for for Germany. I agree Camperstops, though comprehensive, is sparse and I don't find it particularly easy to use the maps.

Finding the Campercontact app is now getting more useful as it has almost every site/aire/stellplatz from all the other sources put together so makes finding a place a lot easier. Still use the map-based sources though.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I prefer to have book versions too although I do make good Use of campercontact for reviews.
We found the Bord Atlas very good on our trip to Germany last year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back