Free Member
Jun 25, 2011
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 640
Exp
Since 2012
Thinking of going to Norfolk Broads after Lincoln but just seen Boomers on the TV and didn't get the greatest impressions of the area, is it worth a visit and if so where are the best places?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
The Norfolk broads are flat and on the whole boring unless you see them from a boat so why not park the motorhome and hire one for a week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The North Norfolk heritage coast is worth a tour..Cromer and Sheringham worth visiting.. there is a steam railway that runs along the coast . http://www.nnrailway.co.uk/

As mention by Roger, the broads are best seen from a boat, but for a week, that can be very expensive .. We hired a day boat at Beccles and had a trip down to Outon broad.

Beccles is a nice town with a large FREE car park next to the river.. plenty of space for motorhomes.. don't know if they allow overnight .. but no signs saying otherwise.. it's a good place to put a canoe or kayak in. GPS 52.464469,1.566575

Street View

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
We like North Norfolk, try the c&cc site at Sandringham.....highly recommended as is a visit to the house and gardens very good even if your a closet republican.
By the way I read somewhere that Boomers was filmed in Herne Bay in Kent.
All a bit weird why not use the place where the show is meant to be?? Maybe Hunstanton is too far from London for the BBC lovvies.

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
Filmed in Herne Bay apparently because it was cheaper to film there. Norfolk people not very happy about that.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
A wide range of wonderful things, apart from mountains and fast-flowing rivers! ;)

We moved here 27y ago and there are still places which we haven't visited. Beaches tend to be large and empty (but parking can be difficult, and few places have good sea-views [except Hunstanton!!]). Hills around Sheringham will provide exercise for the fittest and a chance to use low gears if you want that sort of thing. The Broads are flat (but you knew that) but travelling 8 miles on the A47 between Acle and Gt Yarmouth (beware overtaking problems) can be very atmospheric if mist is sitting on the water-meadows.

Some excellent museums probably make it worthwhile buying a Norfolk Museums Pass, if you are into that aspect of culture. National Trust properties are superb. WWII air fields may be of interest to you, and few villages do not have some link to this time. There are also a variety of mills, some of which are accessible.

The Golden Mile at Yarmouth is starting to wind down, so will appear dowdy and depressive, especially if the sun aint shining.

I did produce a small guide to my adopted county, suggesting places of interest and giving some MH tips, but I don't know where it is and I'm busy at the moment. IF you would like a copy, PM me and I'll try to find it for you - Gordon

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
What are boomers?
I know that is what the US Navy call missile boats but hope they are not cruising the Broads.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Quite a few CL/CSs, if you're a club member, around Theddlethorpe. Theddlethorpe Dunes in walking distance.

Softlips

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
Funster No
MH
Ford Terrier (ordered)
Exp
If you're into bird watching at all there are some fantastic reserves in Norfolk.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The Norfolk and Suffolk coast is fantastic, with countless great sites and lots of places to wild if that is your thing.
There are also some wonderful places to visit, from Steam displays to .. well all sorts really !
There is even a genuine 'work house' that is well worth a gawp at ( especially if you tag on to one of the free guided tours ! )

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
On a CL now Peacock Hall in Paston. Lovely area and the weather this week has been good to us. Went for a good walk on Horsey beach to look at the seals today and then drove round lots of small well kept villages that are just a pleasure to drive through. Lovely area with lots to look at. We live in hilly Lancashire so makes a change to be in the flats.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
On a CL now Peacock Hall in Paston. Lovely area and the weather this week has been good to us. Went for a good walk on Horsey beach to look at the seals today and then drove round lots of small well kept villages that are just a pleasure to drive through. Lovely area with lots to look at. We live in hilly Lancashire so makes a change to be in the flats.

Do I detect yet another amateur radio licencee !! ??

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Area around Wells next to The Sea is lovely. Great beaches, excellent cycling on back lanes and lots of C L s...BUSBY:):):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back