LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Hopefully our 1st trip abroad in a mh will be around july and destination will be spain,playa de bara near barcelona,but do we need to book any sites we wish to stay on or is it normally possible to get a pitch,i know the site i will be going to can be busy ,but i have heard that for motorhomers its not needed to book,anyone with any advice would be helpfull thanks:Smile:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have only ever been to Spain once in July as the weather here had been so bad. Didnt book and went to a regular site we use at Santa Suzanna, Cost Brava.
Got a pitch BUT place was heaving and packed solid...
If it was me I would book to to ensure there is a place available if thats where you prefer to be and especially if you have kids with you. The benefit of a motorhome is that you can always drive a bit more and find another site or go park out the way somewhere.
Lots of sites along that stretch, if not booked then just plan to arrive early 2pm ish and so you have time to chase elsewhere if needed.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi ukbill, As you have a specific site you wish to go to, I would book if I were you. It may well worry you until you get there no matter what anyone says. Jane :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
if there is somewhere you want to be - then book it, main european school holidays are in full swing from mid june to september, so you have folk from italy,france,germany,holland,uk etc all with family wanting to be by the sea in spain at the same time and sites do get full, ok they might have a pitch spare for a day or two between the 2/3 week vacationers but if you want to be secure that you have a pitch for a set length of time book it. On the route down there will be either aires or campsites with a night available

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back