Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
Hi all.

I've been trying to book a week or so at Holmsley in the New Forest for next May but the Camping in the Forest site keeps saying nothing is available.
As this will be only our second outing I don't know if booking only opens in the new year or they're really already fully booked. I also don't get home until the helpline is closed!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Cannot for a min believe they'll be full - it's a huuuge site:)

Just copied from their website ( if you're not a member I assume you get to book at a later date.

"With the 2015 season just around the corner, here’s an exclusive opportunity for members to take advantage of early-bird booking prices for camping breaks in 2015.

Members can book from 6th November until 7th January and in this time period the prices have been frozen, so you’ll only pay the 2014 ‘from’ price. Please note that the ‘from’ price you pay will depend on the pitch type and seasonal band of your stay. We have also frozen the service fees for electric hook-up and hardstanding pitches, so you won’t pay a penny more than the price you paid in 2014.

In fact, in some cases campers pay less: we’ve lowered the prices at our popular Kessingland, Dartmouth and Sandringham Club Sites. What's more, we've made things even simpler for holiday planning: there are now just three seasonal bands throughout the year – low, mid and high season.

Also, we’re now able to offer Club members a new ‘Single Adult Family Deal’, for those families who camp with one adult and up to four children. This represents significant savings for an adult member camping with two to four children." Broken Link Removed

Not surprising - the new pricing structure has been binned

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
We're not members of the CCC. Where did you get the information you quoted? I was quite surprised that they could be fully booked too!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Suggest you phone Camping in the Forest on 0845 130 8224
or there's an email contact form at http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/contact-us
Camping in the Forest sites don't BELONG to CCC, they just work in conjunction.

There's also a CC site just up the road, called 'New Forest Caravan Club Centenary Site', this isn't taking online bookings for after March, again phone central booking system 01342 327 490 to see if you can book that way.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Broken Link Removed - should link you through. I' m pretty sure it's because you're too early as it'll let me book setthorns which is the only nf site open all year

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
Thanks. Setthorns works so we've decided to have a furkle round there at the end of March and think about Holmsley when they start to take bookings :)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Simon, be aware that Setthornes has no shower or toilet facilities though it does have chemical waste disposal for your own loo. You will be expected to use green toilet fluid and eco-friendly paper (though I don't expect anybody actually examines what you're using...)

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
Yes, I noticed that. The bus has got a shower and a loo so we'll slum it for a few days ;) I just tried to book through camping in the forest though and everything after the very first few days of Jan 2015 is unavailable! I'll try to phone the help number tomorrow to find out when booking opens for next year.

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Simon, I seem to remember that all C&CC sites have a date from which they release booking periods. I think sometime in Dec you can book next year. Stupid I know but CC is the same.
Cheers
Bernie

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
Simon, I seem to remember that all C&CC sites have a date from which they release booking periods. I think sometime in Dec you can book next year. Stupid I know but CC is the same.
Cheers
Bernie

I noticed that not one single website I've visited has bothered to put anything at all on the front page to say when booking for the new season begins. Seems odd to me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back