Booking in the UK is so complex (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Alas I cannot help you there, as I am blessed that my youngest of four boys finally finished school two years ago:thumb: so we are no longer ruled by school schedules as to when we can and can't go anywhere.

Just the two dogs that rule our lives now as to which pubs and shops we can go into without hassle!

Cheers

Eddie

That may be the case Eddie, but you run a campsite and you must know the school holiday dates so you can raise your prices and gouge the little brats parents for every penny:winky:::bigsmile:

The first thing I know about school holidays is
a) Traffic goes light at 8:45 on a weekday.
b) Prices for campsites shoot up.
c) There are thousands of kids in the high street getting in my way when I go shopping at 10am, and I am thinking why aren't these sods at school.

Only kidding I love kids providing they are quiet and parents have them on a lead...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We're just getting ready to go off to a quiet little CL on the Clyde Coast, £13 per night with EHU, this is for 3 adults all in::bigsmile:

Not too bad:Smile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I wonder if Eddie could tell us the law on electricity charges on sites as I thought it was not on to charge more than the actual cost of the electric

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I wonder if Eddie could tell us the law on electricity charges on sites as I thought it was not on to charge more than the actual cost of the electric

basically correct, OFGEM are the regulatory body Link Removed

sites cannot charge separately for electric unless it is metered at point of use .. ie on your pitch ....
if not metered, it must be calculated by the landlord and added to the pitch fee and charged as as 'all in price' .. same a a landlord subletting rooms in a house.

formula for calculating are on an OFGEM pdf

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Ok, Mrs ShiftZZ and I am mean and when we look at the fees proposed by campsites, no wonder, we are confused.

Pitch charge charge per person, extra person charge, awning charge, EHU 6A change, EHU 6.27666 A charge, facing south charge, child charge, child wearing pink charge, extra charge of pink is Barbie Pink.
If van not make on a Wednesday charge...

Why cant they have a simple charge, say £6.00, EHU extra,. thats it

Why so complex?

Are they just greedy?

No wonder I prefer going to France...
I couldn't agree more, we charge £7 per van per night no extras, bring your own solar or generator, job done:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Do you remember not long ago there used to be three price breaks, low mid and high, now another one has crept in, Low Mid High and Peak, also why do adult only sites change their prices with school holidays?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Do you remember not long ago there used to be three price breaks, low mid and high, now another one has crept in, Low Mid High and Peak, also why do adult only sites change their prices with school holidays?

School TEACHERS ? :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
And a very nice site it is too Eddie:thumb:

Very nice people there too.

Customer care? - Absolutely first rate.

Typical solicitor after more discount, get off your knees man, I cant see George North doing that.....:Blush:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.

Probably because they know they will be at their busiest , with people wanting to avoid screaming kids on the other sites.
Even though we have them , ive always hated being lumped into the family pen. Because of everybody elses kids :ROFLMAO:
Give me teenagers anyday. Infact how old do kids have to be to go on adult only sites ? 16? 18? anyone know ?
Hope its 16 , then we could go to them now.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Typical solicitor after more discount, get off your knees man, I cant see George North doing that.....:Blush:

Credit where it's due mate not brown nosing.

Having said that, if it secures future discounts......::bigsmile:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989

A respected customer! And a very decent chap too with a charming family!

Ioslsoo

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Alas I cannot help you there, as I am blessed that my youngest of four boys finally finished school two years ago:thumb: so we are no longer ruled by school schedules as to when we can and can't go anywhere.

Just the two dogs that rule our lives now as to which pubs and shops we can go into without hassle!

Cheers

Eddie
We got X2 kids starting school soon so we are making the most of it now.
They are talking about changing the way , that the holiday industry stops ripping off everyone at that time of year.
We can still do weekends through the year though :thumb: :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back