Chatsworth Xmas markets

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Only three we booked Chatsworth for fireworks Nov and castleton for my birthday and Nov with granddaughter rest left to chance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Not booking for the first time as we can do weeke days now so may get cancellations .
Is Bristol still open?

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Tried for York this morning for nov-dec next year but every weekend for the whole year was booked at 10am.
I wonder how many cancel.:(

OP
OP
Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Tried for York this morning for nov-dec next year but every weekend for the whole year was booked at 10am.
Not many as that's the Xmas market period
Have you looked at Knaresborough

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Booked for York, early December, but mid week, only managed to get one night this year, we go round that time each year. would have tried for either Bury or Southport, but we don't usually plan that far ahead.

OP
OP
Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Also booked
Southport for Xmas then onto Chester fairoaks for new year

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Why oh why don't they make a £10 a night booking fee half refunded if you cancel the current system is rubbish if you want to decide later especially if you work mid-week and can't get on. It seems to be fixed for the retired.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Why oh why don't they make a £10 a night booking fee half refunded if you cancel the current system is rubbish if you want to decide later especially if you work mid-week and can't get on. It seems to be fixed for the retired.

Other clubs are available :)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
If we didn't have a son in Edinburgh and there were aires in the UK I wouldn't bother (same as a lot I suspect).

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
N
Not us. We got 1st weekend in December at 8.06 am ;););)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
We always use C&MC sites ,just our preference,and I can never understand this booking frenzy:xsurprised: In the 20yrs we have been camping I don’t ever remember not getting on the site of our choice .But this year we have,unbelievably,for the first time discovered CL,s and love them.We have visited several this year and are excellent value for money,and the locations can be stunning.
Brian & Jo

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
We always use C&MC sites ,just our preference,and I can never understand this booking frenzy:xsurprised: In the 20yrs we have been camping I don’t ever remember not getting on the site of our choice .But this year we have,unbelievably,for the first time discovered CL,s and love them.We have visited several this year and are excellent value for money,and the locations can be stunning.
Brian & Jo
Yep. Agreed. If you have the facilities on board why not use them. Also find CL’s aren’t so fussy about departure times!

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Yep. Agreed. If you have the facilities on board why not use them. Also find CL’s aren’t so fussy about departure times!
Hi Chipster,We are on a CL at the moment in Pembrokeshire called Hillcroft and it does have a very nice toilet and shower but we still prefer to use ours on board:xThumb:
Brian & Jo

Reactions: f6c
Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
We have just spent a few days at a CL in mid Wales

The Meadows cl, Awel y Ddol, Bryncrug, Tywyn LL36 9PR

probably the best I have seen in over 47 years of membership, well worth a visit if you are in the area or need a stopover.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Got the last pitch on the Chatsworth site the other night, put in the postcode from their website and it took us directly to Chatsworth House. The Christmas market was on so it took us another 25 minutes to get through the hordes at the market and a call to the site for the correct post code.:mad:

OP
OP
Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
The site nights we've booked
If there was a £10 per night deposit I'd be more than happy to pay it
Its the few that cancel just within the 72 hr notice that iratates the good bookers
Think I read that it's actually a very small proportion who cancel compared to the members who turn up
We had a Buxton weekend cancelled on us by the club and then they had the nerve to warn us of a no show :xdoh:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I am thoroughly depressed if this is what motorhoming in the UK has come to. Booking up months and months in advance to stay in serried ranks lining up to a peg???? When I use my motorhome I do not usually know where I will be staying that night when I leave in the morning! That is what motorhoming (not caravanning) is all about. Going where the whim takes you. The only exception to that is if I have booked on a Fun rally.

Yet another reason why I am not a member of the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
I am thoroughly depressed if this is what motorhoming in the UK has come to. Booking up months and months in advance to stay in serried ranks lining up to a peg???? When I use my motorhome I do not usually know where I will be staying that night when I leave in the morning! That is what motorhoming (not caravanning) is all about. Going where the whim takes you. The only exception to that is if I have booked on a Fun rally.

Yet another reason why I am not a member of the Caravan and Motorhome Club.
I'm afraid my OCD thing messes with the just get up and go thing
I like to know where I'm going so I can plan my route and things to do
The joy for us is knowing the standard of facilities before you get there
Horses for courses really

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back