Booking Camp Sites (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2019
Durham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Hi, having spent today booking sites for our holidays in 2022 I was confused when the total cost appeared. As I would think most of us travel in the motorhome so why do they give a pitch at £xs a night and then charge for each adult per night.?
surly a Price per night which include the pitch and 2 x Adults would be just about the norm. Yes if there are 3 or 4 adults I would expect to pay more.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Pretty much like Ryanair, you just have to have your wits about you and play them at their own game.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Hi, having spent today booking sites for our holidays in 2022 I was confused when the total cost appeared. As I would think most of us travel in the motorhome so why do they give a pitch at £xs a night and then charge for each adult per night.?
surly a Price per night which include the pitch and 2 x Adults would be just about the norm. Yes if there are 3 or 4 adults I would expect to pay more.
Most french sites we have been to just have one charge and that covers our moho, tow car and two adults, but would include one dog (if we had one).

British and German ones tend to charge a bit like Mr Fiddler in Carry on Camping, if you remember that scene at the camping field gate!! :ROFLMAO:

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I can’t see an issue with the pricing format. It allows for 1 or more to pay the cost applicable to how many in the group. Some do have a single price for outfit + up to 2 adults but if your solo then that’s a bit unfair I think

Quantox

Free Member
Dec 20, 2020
The Lakes
Funster No
MH
V-Line 610 SE 2021
I'm a solo camper as well and don't want to pay for two. Hope they don't charge for my tortoise.

Colin.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
We dont use sites that price for pitch, then number of adults for 3 reasons:
1. We dont belong to either of the main 2 clubs that charge that way, as we dont need shower blocks.
2. one person/van takes the same room up as two, uses the same electric etc
3.. Cannot keep asking OH to hide in the loo and not come out, even though I have put a bowl of cereal & milk outside the door for her.:giggle:

We do however consider using sites that include for two adults in the price, but only when we have to, especially during these unusual pandemic times.
Fun Rallies are the place to be, just take earplugs to block out the Uke Strumming from time to time.:rofl:
LES

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I used to worry about pricing, I've mellowed now and take the time to find the price for where I want, then open another screen to check others until I find the one I want.

Jul 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
I travel solo and have always been able to count my two dogs as the second adult (ie pay no extra for them) on sites that charge per unit with two adults. You have to ask, but never had a problem with site owners.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I travel solo and resent paying for my imaginary friend 🤪
Since you've admitted to being one of the Auld Yin's old-mo two confirmed friends, stop panicking, you could take Dame Judy along with you. You thought I was gonna say him, didn't you, but that would just be too much punishment!;):giggle:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Since you've admitted to being one of the Auld Yin's old-mo two confirmed friends, stop panicking, you could take Dame Judy along with you. You thought I was gonna say him, didn't you, but that would just be too much punishment!;):giggle:
I have considered getting a blow-up man to sit beside me in the van. I wonder whether they can multi-task.... 🤔🤪

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I have considered getting a blow-up man to sit beside me in the van. I wonder whether they can multi-task.... 🤔🤪
Damn! Damn! Damn!:swear2: Was going to put myself forward as an option as my physique looks like I'm blown up but fail miserably on tasking never mind multi-tasking!:crying::crying:

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Janine does walking and chewing gum at the same time mean someone can multitask? If so, your lucks in girl.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back