Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
This is the little camper we hired in Queensland last year it caused quite a stir with the school kids especially when us two old foggies got out
P1040845.JPG
P1040846.JPG

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
That's what I like about the Austrailians they say it as it is. Going into Perth a few years ago there was this huge sign alongside the main dual carriageway which said
"If you drink and drive it will bloody kill you" also on there cigarette packets.
"Warning if you smoke it will kill you".
Illegal immigrants, that's another action they do right. The only thing they have got very much wrong is how they have treated the Aborigines, which over the years they have done to little to late.
"How have they managed without the EU?
Colin

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Thats a Wicked camper.
They have those in NZ and not normally certified. I heard if you get caught on a DOC or Freedom camp area with no toilet you can get hit for a 5k fine.

They are trying to stop them in NZ due to some of the hirers p*ssing and s*itting in the surrounding Bush area. Leaving toilet paper all over the place.

Not pleasant

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The only thing they have got very much wrong is how they have treated the Aborigines,

yes indeed..
but not sure what this has to do with obscene messages on camper vans.. ?

it's one thing saying 'as it is' , ... I'm all for calling a spade a spade.. .. quite another being objectionably rude.. IMVHO

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
It's not an obscene message. All women have t**s to feed babies. All males have willies. All humans have bumps. As regards to sh*****g in the bushes without covering it up, well that is obscene. Just like all those bloody cats that do it in my garden. Because they are "wild animals" and never had been licensed or need chipping it should be your right to take the offending animal on holiday, as far away as possible.
Let's live in a real world and not in one with Victorian attitudes.

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Maybe i should explain how/why we ended up in this camper . We were arranging our own independant Ashes tour and wanted to hire a 4wd vehicle to drive to Cape York (seemed easy sitting on a computer in the UK ) when we arrived to collect the vehicle they gave us a 25 year old Land Cruiser with a winch , we asked where we were going to sleep and they then threw in 2 pillows and a blanket , a plastic bowl for washing and a small one burner gas cooker . We then had second thoughts and decided to re look at the situation and the only other vehicle available was Boobs & Bums and we could change at any depot further up the coast . It drove really well and everyone we met loved it so we decided to keep it . Thinking back now it would have been a very dangerous journey to Cape York all the other vehicles we saw had all sorts of safety equipment so we went as far up as Cooktown

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Maybe i should explain how/why we ended up in this camper . We were arranging our own independant Ashes tour and wanted to hire a 4wd vehicle to drive to Cape York (seemed easy sitting on a computer in the UK ) when we arrived to collect the vehicle they gave us a 25 year old Land Cruiser with a winch , we asked where we were going to sleep and they then threw in 2 pillows and a blanket , a plastic bowl for washing and a small one burner gas cooker . We then had second thoughts and decided to re look at the situation and the only other vehicle available was Boobs & Bums and we could change at any depot further up the coast . It drove really well and everyone we met loved it so we decided to keep it . Thinking back now it would have been a very dangerous journey to Cape York all the other vehicles we saw had all sorts of safety equipment so we went as far up as Cooktown

Sounds a little like "wolf Creak"to me:)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Boobs and Bums every time cobber, every time!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
T

The only thing they have got very much wrong is how they have treated the Aborigines, which over the years they have done to little to late.
Colin

From cradle to grave the Aborigines are given welfare. The fact that they are their own worst enemies is conveniently forgotten by some.
Redfurn in Sydney and the riverbed in Alice Springs are just two of many examples I could give.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I believe they have banned them from Byron Bay

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994

I don't think you have to justify yourselves to people on here as long as you enjoyed your trip that's OK.

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
I believe they have banned them from Byron Bay
Now that is my favorite place on this planet, The first time I went, there were only 2 or 3 backpackers, now there's loads of em! got a few mates who still live there(y)

Andy

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
The question you have to ask yourself if you don't like it is this. If you were broken down in the middle of nowhere needing help and people trundled up in this vehicle,would you berate them and refuse their help? I will not be holding my breath.
Tea Bag

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
There are far less "Artistic" examples in some of our "Art Galleries", Piccasso for example couldn't draw to save his life!(n). I could not see SWMBO liking it, she had a "sheltered upbringing",:D, but 20 years in the Merch; you get to see stuff like that, often for real, wandering the "streets?" of some backwater, asking questions like "you want "jig"jig" johnny"?!:). After all it`s only a "Banksey"!

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back