LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Just all packed for stratford and ready to go then bang, Van wont start, the immoberliser light wont go out. .balls balls ballss....:Sad:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
tried it to no avail:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
never tried this before paul nso i dont know if it'll work but nowt to loose.....

place key very near ign lock but not in it.

use the other spare key to remote lock and unlock the van......this should send a code to the key and as the dodgy key is close it may recode it.

as i said...never tried, so never proved.:Sad:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
ok problem temporary fixed, I done the following, checked fuses, checked both keys, disconnected battery for 10 mins all to no avail. Eventually, rapid turning on and off of the key it seemed to resolve the issue. SO I can only think that this is because of loose wire at the back of the ignition barrel? who knows, not the first time this has happened, it happened at peterborough last year. It has also happened a few times but as soon as I have put the key back in it worked. It has never taken this long, I called the aa but it started working before they arrived.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Have a safe journey to Stratford Paul. Been there today and will be back on Sunday.

pinkgin

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto
Exp
15 + years,
Oh no im relying on you to get my Vod & Coke chilled for Friday afternoon :Smile:

Lynn ..

Don't worry Lynn, the vod & coke are packed and one way or another I'll make sure they get to Stratford. There'll be plenty of vod for you because I of course wont be drinking .... something in the air at Stratford always seems to make me ill:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back