bonneval france (1 Viewer)

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Heading south within a month from dieppe gonna try and park up at oissel but that will be like winning the lottery i think.

So backup plan is bonneval aire in carpark ( south of chartres about 150mls from dieppe ) few more in that area as well

Has anyone used aire at bonneval and what is it like

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
We've used it. Its a large parking area also used by cars. Nothing special but ok. Its in the town. It was winter November, when we used it and the toilets were closed. There's black waste and water.

cbrown1360

Free Member
Aug 24, 2015
Lymington
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
We used it 2 weeks ago. Temporary road closures in the town centre meant access was tricky via some narrow roads; we are 7m and it was tight in places. When you get there it’s a good level, gravel car park in the middle of the town with all services except EHU available. It’s free. We would use again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
It’s one of our favourites when traveling south, great little car park near a river, small supermarket in the town.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
We were there last Friday, E H U now working. As said very narrow roads on approach but doable. We parked away from hook up as we didn't need it but a late arriving French man took exception to our presence and was noisy till 3.30 a.m. Otherwise o k.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
In 2014 leaving this aire a French woman driver ran into our then brand new van so now I avoid bonnival.

John.

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
We used it 2 weeks ago. Temporary road closures in the town centre meant access was tricky via some narrow roads; we are 7m and it was tight in places. When you get there it’s a good level, gravel car park in the middle of the town with all services except EHU available. It’s free. We would use again.
I'm in at 7m long and 2.2 wide without allowing for mirrors dont want to get stuck and have to reverse out

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Marboue, a few kms further down, just north of Chateaudun, is good for a transit stop if you don't fancy Bonneval.

Or even the one at Chateaudun itself.

Pete

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As above.. Marboue is a nice free stayover, facing the park and river.
Chateadun has a stopover and further south at Vendome, follow signs for the campsite and there is 6 motorhome places plus a huge overspill car park..

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Marboue, a few kms further down, just north of Chateaudun, is good for a transit stop if you don't fancy Bonneval.

Or even the one at Chateaudun itself.

Pete
Going to run chartres to tours so can try that one as well few more down that road as well but never done this route

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Personally we love Bonneval aire , Outside a hospital ,beautiful church up in the town , lovely canal/river running through the town ,when we were there the town community had a BBQ & music evening with a marquee , right next to the aire , the towns folk invited us to come over & join them, we didn't as already just eaten . plenty of room for 7mtr moho ,ours was 6.7 mtr def no problem.

Rapido924f

Free Member
Dec 16, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Heading south within a month from dieppe gonna try and park up at oissel but that will be like winning the lottery i think.

So backup plan is bonneval aire in carpark ( south of chartres about 150mls from dieppe ) few more in that area as well

Has anyone used aire at bonneval and what is it like

Was on the aire last Wednesday. Potable water was turned off and toilet emptying was blocked.Also area is closed from 9th To 25th March for resurfacing. In addition if you are heading further south, the aire at Léon has the grass scarified and unusable plus the water is turned off- taps have been removed

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I stayed there on the way back north last year.

Be aware that at the weekends the boy racers love to use the car park for a bit of racing and handbrake turns. They arrived at midnight and stayed for an hour. I was lucky and was parked at the back and although the noise was pretty awful my van wasn't touched. Some others weren't so lucky and were damaged with sprayed gravel. A French man staying there said it's been a regular thing for the youths and that the police do nothing to stop it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back