Bonnet soundproofer (1 Viewer)

Silverdove

Free Member
May 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato, Swift
Hiya,

Does anyone have any idea where to get a replacement for fiat ducato bonnet heat/sounfld cover. Mice have used our for a nest! And it will likely be doing nothing now. TIA

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Hi there. I helped a friend fit a soundproofing kit to his restored Landrover. The kit included under bonnet sound proofing. The kit came from some were in the Manchester area. An internet search should find them or other suppliers.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
I'd get a short roll of soundproof matting from eBay (other auction sites are available) and cut my own.

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
I'd try the van without the sound proofing and see how loud it is before spending your money

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Phileas Fogg

Free Member
Apr 27, 2014
west of the tamar
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Agree with Coastal Cruiser, used Noisekiller on our last van (Fiat) and it did make an appreciable difference, under bonnet and doors done. Not sure in our case the under blanket did a lot but others may find differently. Not bothered on current van (Mercedes) doesn't really need it.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Agree with Coastal Cruiser, used Noisekiller on our last van (Fiat) and it did make an appreciable difference, under bonnet and doors done. Not sure in our case the under blanket did a lot but others may find differently. Not bothered on current van (Mercedes) doesn't really need it.
Had the heads up from another member and purchased the engine blanket, could not believe how much difference it made😁
Also got a couple of sheets of their lead sound deadening stuff but not got around to adding that underneath yet.

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
Strap the wife to the engine, lowers engine noise and interior is much quieter...........

PS needs a hard push to get the bonnet shut.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back