Bonjour, je suis Jacque L'Escargot ici (1 Viewer)

SimonRSV

Free Member
Aug 6, 2018
Funster No
Apparently this is where I am supposed to introduce myself - I am a 1990 lhd 2.5 diesel Peugeot J5 Dethleffs Globetrotter.....although my owners aren't sure about the last bit as I've been painted over a couple of times. They've owned me for just over 4 and a half years and taken me to the South of France 3 times, where we have just returned to Norfolk from.

I've behaved myself in the main, although I do have a temperamental solenoid connection to the starter motor when I'm hot so refuse to go anywhere until I've cooled down. I lost first and second gears last year until my driver found them with a couple of cable ties. He keeps saying he's going to put power steering on as he reckons he'll have arms like Arnie the Terminator soon...... I'm called Jacque L'Escargot for obvious reasons - most notably my inability to climb any type of gradient without slowing down to a snail's pace! I know my driver would appreciate any help/advice on my idiosyncratic mechanics and internals as apparently 'nothing ever works on this blasted truck!' was something I overheard him say the other day.
Yet despite that I have quite nice owners really, the Lady Wendy is always cleaning me and I've just got a nice skull and crossbones on my new bonnet! Loki the Dalmation is the main reason why I am always being cleaned! We are back down to the South of France again at the end of the month, by which time I might've got the power steering and an end to my soggy bottom. Hopefully lots of you will write to me and my owners, Simon, Wendy and Loki - oh and young Rhea too and we'll keep you up to date with our adventures.
See you on the blacktop
Jacque

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
:france::france::france:

:hiya:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Hello from Sarah the motorhome (and my owner Nasher)

Sorry I've just realised you're French, in which case I'll shout louder in English so you can understand me:

HELLO FROM SARAH THE MOTORHOME (AND MY OWNER NASHER)

:D:D:D:D:D

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Vous est tres
welcome animated smiley3.gif

et pour Loki
animated hi-puppy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I’m English so you’ll have to put up with that as the spoken word :)

Hello and :welco:

We also have a Loki dog (y)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hello and welcome to Fun with an entrance like that you’ll be very popular and get loads of help and advice. Enjoy(y)(y)(y)(y)

OP
OP
SimonRSV

SimonRSV

Free Member
Aug 6, 2018
Funster No
Merci one and all - Sarah et Nasher....Jacques said he's old not deaf!! And as usual, his driver spelt his name incorrectly (lost in translation apparently....), however he is teaching the driver some French, although some of the phrases are not for the public domain!!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome!!
Love the introduction you will fit right in here!!!:WelcomeFlag:

OP
OP
SimonRSV

SimonRSV

Free Member
Aug 6, 2018
Funster No
Apparently Jacques said that his driver is as mad as a box of spanners, (we would normally say frogs, but he gets all nationalistic until I, that is the driver and erstwhile mechanic, point out that a box of spanners are actually useful......) - haven't had the heart to tell him is actually part Deutsch......!

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
With the steering its best to pump the front tyres up to the maximum pressure, about 50 psi or more. It makes parking a lot easier. Welcome to the forum!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back