Free Member
Jan 9, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
Profile?
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello, I have just joined your forum, I am totally new to Motor homes and shall look forward to advice and hopefully meeting new people.
My husband and I live in France, we tried camping and I didn't like having to take the tent down again ( it was a big one) No puns please!!
We are just in the process of buying a newish secondhand camping car. The person we are buying from is really very ill and may not last very long. Because of this we do not feel it is appropriate to ask too many questions. It is with this in mind that I thought you lot could help....thats if you dont mind. I'm sure there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum for novices like us and am hopeing you won't mind sharing it with us.

Nic (Annick)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the forum. feel free to ask away, we have many members in france who can also help. A location and Type of motorhome may help once you know what questions you have. Answers often found in the Chatroom one you are a subscriber. good luck with the purchase. don't let the fact that the owner is ill stop you making a thorough inspection.

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Welcome to Fun - plenty of helpful information on here. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

Annick

Free Member
Jan 9, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
Profile?
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you.....have I just said that....still fumbling aroung at present.

Yes we have asked many questions but there is a limit, it is in beautiful condition. Our questions will be quite basic I think.

How to get rid of waste being my first.........but I shall not bore you now.:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Because of this we do not feel it is appropriate to ask too many questions. It is with this in mind that I thought you lot could help....thats if you dont mind.
Nic (Annick)

You are talking $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ so don't be daft. A faulty MH is a money pit.

A motorhome with relatives saying things like "you can't have it he sold it too cheap because he was sick" is bad news.

Cover yourself.

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
You are talking $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ so don't be daft. A faulty MH is a money pit.

A motorhome with relatives saying things like "you can't have it he sold it too cheap because he was sick" is bad news.

Cover yourself.

Where did that statement come from ? Annick only mentioned waste disposal so far

OP
OP
A

Annick

Free Member
Jan 9, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
Profile?
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi again

We are in 29 Finistere, where I was born and where my family come from...the other half of my family are from the South East of England.
My husband is from the north of England......but that is his problem! ::bigsmile:
Only joking, he is the best! :winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Where did that statement come from ? Annick only mentioned waste disposal so far

====================
The person we are buying from is really very ill and may not last very long. Because of this we do not feel it is appropriate to ask too many questions.
====================

When she said about asking too many questions I took that to mean of the poorly person they were buying the MH off, so buying a MH without a full inspection. Bad idea.

That's how I read it.

OP
OP
A

Annick

Free Member
Jan 9, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
Profile?
Exp
I'm a newbie
I would also like to know about campsites that you can give a personal recommendation to. Providing we have the same criteria/ideas.
We are retired, like the countryside/seaside, we do not want children running about everywhere, we do not mind where we go as long as it is pretty, good views, something of interest and not in a city, for the moment we shall stay in France. Last year we went to Campomoro in Corsica, we rented a mobile home on a campsite, it was beautiful and the smell of flowers will stay with me for a long time, we had 5 kl of beach with hardly anyone on it (June) the scenery was wonderful. The sea was clear and clean. Sunshine made it perfect.

Sorry, am I running before I can walk? ::Blush:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We are in 29 Finistere, where I was born and where my family come from...the other half of my family are from the South East of England.
My husband is from the north of England......but that is his problem! ::bigsmile:
Only joking, he is the best! :winky:

If your Husband is from the North ..that's Good...Gods country...:winky::winky::winky:

Hi and welcome to the fun..we live in France as do a few other members.....SO A BIG HELLO from MEL:thumb::ROFLMAO:..
This is great internet forum site in fact the best :thumb:..look forward to your questions and threads........watch out as there are a lot of wind-ups...but that is what makes the site fun:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
A

Annick

Free Member
Jan 9, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
Profile?
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ok! I'll just knock that chip off of my shoulder!::bigsmile:
My husband calls me a bloody southener!

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
My husband calls me a bloody southerner!

That's ok my wife is a southerner:winky: also.....I am East Yorkshire...the Wife is Kent:winky:...so we have the north south all the time......good fun:winky:...no problem:ROFLMAO::thumb:

OP
OP
A

Annick

Free Member
Jan 9, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
Profile?
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just so you know.......I'm terribly excited!!!!!!:shout:

About our Motorhome/camping car
Quest que c'est un profile en anglais?:Smile:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Anywhere sort of South of Sheffield is classed as Darn Sarf innit!!! :ROFLMAO: Well it is where I'm from..We even used to rib the lads in my Regiment who came from round Sheffield/Rotherham/Barnsley as they were South Yorkshire Southerners:ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
My husband calls me a bloody southener!

You will find they are great bunch of funsters on here and very Knowledgable........and always willing to help each other::bigsmile:

Mel:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Anywhere sort of South of Sheffield is classed as Darn Sarf innit!!! :ROFLMAO: Well it is where I'm from..We even used to rib the lads in my Regiment who came from round Sheffield/Rotherham/Barnsley as they were South Yorkshire Southerners:ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: sithie old lad thars right again:winky:

OP
OP
A

Annick

Free Member
Jan 9, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
Profile?
Exp
I'm a newbie
Blimey! I went to St Catherines in Bexleyheath!
Mind you, going back quite a number of years!:Eeek:

OP
OP
A

Annick

Free Member
Jan 9, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
Profile?
Exp
I'm a newbie
Will certainly come back on here tomorrow, night folks!::bigsmile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Blimey! I went to St Catherines in Bexleyheath!
Mind you, going back quite a number of years!:Eeek:

Christine went to Bexley Grammer.......I think that's the name of the school...well we are retired and just in our 60s...and I now counting backwards:thumb:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
"Quest que c'est un profile en anglais?"

Brigitte Bardot in French...

Anyroad, you bunch are as bienvenu as anyone - welcome to the fun.

clarify

Free Member
Jul 19, 2009
Funster No
And I still live within 2 miles of Bexlyheath .Small world sometimes .
ray

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back