LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Suddenly November and Bonfire night are getting near, time to make plans what to do, at Shewsbury a beautiful old fashioned town well worth a visit with it's pretty river and quaint shops, our @Ambilkate has organised a very special weekend with VIP tickets to see a great firework display and bonfire with private viewing from a large balcony overlooking the festivities but keeping warm and dry with food and drink within arms reach.
For anyone who has not seen the thread it's under the rally thread but I'm sure Kate will be along soon and put a link.
It is also a easy drive to www.britishironworkcentre.com. Well worth a visit. there are still some places available.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Ahh Thankyou Carol.
Here is the link to the thread
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...ireworks-weekend-2nd-3rd-4th-nov-2018.171617/

As Carol said Shrewsbury is a lovely town.
We will be seeing two fire work displays and a BIG bonfire on the Saturday night from our very Own VIP balcony and warm room, All for the cost of £10 per VIP, it costs £17 with electric per night to stay at the showground.. The meet is from the Friday 2nd Nov to Sun 4th leave Monday morning. Some are arriving earlier. You can stay on or before the meet as the showground has its own camping section. .
Kate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006

This is the link to see our heated room that we have for the duration of our meet. Last year we had a VIP meal as well that's why the tables are all laid out.

This year we are having a Jacobs table for those who don't know what that is it is were we all bring something to share, there are electric points for slow cookers available so if you fancy bringing somthing hot to share please do so , I'll be bringing a Chinese chicken curry and rice this year.
We have the use of a small kitchen, tea and coffee will be available throughout our stay just bring your own mugs.

Last edited:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
IMG_20171103_155515.jpg
balcony
IMG_20171102_193554.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have another two joining us, looking forward to it.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Kate it's such a fun meet, how often do you get to be treated like VIP our own viewing area staying warm but with a brilliant view, Then of course Shewsbury to explore a lovely place, really looking forward to it.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Only 5 VIP places left so if you want to join in the fun you better let us know on the bonfire thread.
Kind regards Kate

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
I can't say that I agree with all the "bumping" . I'm not a killjoy but from now onwards its a difficult time for my dog and many other dogs and their owners. I remember when November the 5th was the night for fireworks

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I can't say that I agree with all the "bumping" . I'm not a killjoy but from now onwards its a difficult time for my dog and many other dogs and their owners. I remember when November the 5th was the night for fireworks

You may not be and of course bonfire meets are not for dogs understandably, but believe it or not there are funsters out there who would enjoy what is a beautiful town a excellent rally with lots of good company and may have missed the posts for whatever reason, so it's there for their benifit, and of course you understandably can choose what you want to do.

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
You may not be and of course bonfire meets are not for dogs understandably, but believe it or not there are funsters out there who would enjoy what is a beautiful town a excellent rally with lots of good company and may have missed the posts for whatever reason, so it's there for their benifit, and of course you understandably can choose what you want to do.
It's the fireworks in general that I was referring to, not the rally.
There are numerous calming products available for dogs and cats but how do you plan to administer these when the night of any fireworks party is not known. It is often the case that we can be woken at midnight or later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back