Bonded or flush(ish) fitting skylight (1 Viewer)

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
I'm in an annoying situation. I need to add more solar panels but have no room to do so. The only option I have is to remove a roof vent in the bathroom and replace with something flush fitting so a solar panel can go above it (slightly raised).

I've not found any product at all that seems to offer that kind of solution. Has anyone else managed to fit something similar or have any ideas of avenues for investigation?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
w2f

Our mate Bryan BwB had roof bars on two panel van conversions and had probably 500w of solar and could still open the roof light over the bed enough. 🙂

Also David Wissel has a roof rack with lots of solar, it might be the way to go. 🤔 Bob.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I would have thought that would be the last roof vent you would want to remove, where's all the steam going go with the morning showers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I know of another Rienza coach build owner that has solar panels fitted to the roof bars like mine. His second one is above the bathroom vent but it allows the vent to be opened just enough to vent the shower steam.Having a window in the bathroom it dosnt make it any darker.
The roof bars are level with the raised edge of the roof so the panel on mine is nearly level with the back of the Luton.

OP
OP
R
Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
Lots of very good points here everyone. I am very interested in the roof bar idea as that would save me an incredible amount of hassle. I do understand the concerns about steam from the shower, the problem is I am 99% off grid and need those watts to keep me going during working hours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back