Bolero fix (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I have a Swift Bolero 684FB with dinette.
I noticed that, if when using the grill, you open the curved cupboard the corner of the grill door fouls the cupboard door leaving a dent which will get bigger over time. I found that, with a length of silicone tube, split lengthways, it creates a buffer preventing damage. Pics below.
Tube is only push fit at the moment but will secure with black silicone when I get some from work.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Might this not smell as it heats up with the grill switched on, would not a small cream coloured adhesive sticker be more practical if attached to the unit door.

OP
OP
Baycott
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Might this not smell as it heats up with the grill switched on, would not a small cream coloured adhesive sticker be more practical if attached to the unit door.
No wont smell as the door is open when grill is on and silicone is on the door.(y)
Thought about a sticker but thought it would look odd.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Silicone tube is high temperature so should be no problem where it is.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Great idea, thanks very much - there's already a small mark but this should prevent it getting worse.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Well done finding a solution but pretty bad design,did they not test the van for making toast or whatever before.Not being picky but I seem to see more of this recently,just got a s/h Skoda,cracking little car but the cigarette lighter is at the back of the handbrake fixing,not a smoker but with the sat nav plugged in it gets in the way of the gear change.At the same time,the armrest if down stops you applying or releasing the handbrake.
The little things sometimes spoil the day to day use and could be designed better at no cost at build time,just my thoughts!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back