Oct 27, 2015
Wakefield, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
T-620 Ford Tribute
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everyone
Not sure what is going on with my Truma Ultrastore Rapid GE Boiler. I could not get it to work on gas before but never followed this up as I go on sites with EHU. I use it on EHU with no problem, then last week on a site I plugged EHU, did the usual clearing air locks in the water pump, switched on the boiler, waited but no hot water. After waiting 2 hours realised it had not worked. I switched it onto gas and it heated the water up!! Today whilst at home I checked the fuses and all are ok including the one in the boiler. Plugged in the electric and it heated the water up! So I thought I will check the gas again...now the gas won't heat up the water! It is showing red failure light so followed instructions for air lock, waited 5 mins switched it on again, and again, and it keeps doing red light failure! Aargh!

I have looked at the trouble shooting list and followed them with the exception of checking gas valves as I don't know how, however, I have put the gas hob on and there is no problem there with gas. The water content level was half full showing on the habitation panel but now after running the water its a quarter.

Habitation service was done 5 months ago with no problems with the boiler on gas or electric. So am I doing something wrong?

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
The best place to take it would be Truma''s place in Derby, you have to book it in and pay the hourly rate but at least they would find the fault without too much guessing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Giddy Lynn

Giddy Lynn

Free Member
Oct 27, 2015
Wakefield, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
T-620 Ford Tribute
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have phoned the warranty insurance I received when I bought it and they say most parts on the boiler are covered and to take it into a garage for a check.

Thanks for responding to my post.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back