Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Got advice from funsters last week about running my truma on electric only, great advice and it worked brilliantly when we went for a final shakedown before heading to the South of France next week.

Got up this morning with pool of water under the van.....it had only dropped the boiler water:cry: and because the water tank is level with the boiler it had syphoned all that as well.

I know they drop the water before it gets to freezing but i did not think it was that cold. :Eeek:

Right pain heating it all up so the drop valve locks again, and then filling all the system and tank again......Arhhhhh!

biggsy

Free Member
Apr 1, 2012
Hull
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
You can always use a peg to hold the electric release valve shut. The only thing is that you need to be sure that conditions will not freeze your water

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
when we bought our first MH it had a clothes peg holding the valve on ours up (closed), a bit of a risk I thought, but I reckon you might fit one yourself now!!

I decided to leave the peg on while we were using MH as the water would be hot and the heating on very little chance of frost damage, took it off when not in use (when I remembered) but drained for winter anyway

Better safe than sorry though maybe

Just beaten to similar suggestion above

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The auto dump valve will drop the boiler at around 8 deg C UNLESS the heater is switched on in which case it is kept closed electrically, or should be at least. The details should all be in your operating instructions.

D.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Got advice from funsters last week about running my truma on electric only, great advice and it worked brilliantly when we went for a final shakedown before heading to the South of France next week.

Got up this morning with pool of water under the van.....it had only dropped the boiler water:cry: and because the water tank is level with the boiler it had syphoned all that as well.

I know they drop the water before it gets to freezing but i did not think it was that cold. :Eeek:

Right pain heating it all up so the drop valve locks again, and then filling all the system and tank again......Arhhhhh!

I see your just down the road from me
I dont know what temps we got down too last night but I do know the Gritters were out in force all over Mansfield:Eeek:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
As said above.. If your heating was on no need to dump water. I don't have that problem as I only have the manual valve

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dump plug

i had simular issues but was advised to cover pump and dump unit in buble wrap or some thing simular not had a problem since,loosely:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back