Bog in A Bag .. Dragons Den (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Did anyone see this 'invention' on Dragons Den ?

Basically a tripod canvas stool (no pun intended) with a hole for a bin liner ..

I was surprised Theo bought into it... I thought it was a crap idea , and there already is a Shit in Box on the market..

Also.. where do you dispose of a bag full of waste .. bin it ? :Doh:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have heard of some motorhomers lining there Thetford with a carrier bag,doing the business in it then binning the bag. Urrrrggg. Oh for the joys of a blacktank.
Now I know why I had an RV.:Smile:
One more thing...how long before somone comes up with a pocket toilet tent to save your modesty.:Doh:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Friends of ours have brought 2, not for their motorhome I might add, one for his work van and one for their car. If you are out in the van or car working all day they have their uses if caught short !:Smile:
Must admit I could have done with one driving the back roads of Wales when I was a home carer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Bit like Boil in the bag:Eeek::Doh:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Bog in A Bag Link Removed

a £20 stool with a hole in it :Nowink:

Thank you --something made me laugh today! Looked at their website:
1. Why does the woman appear to be in a laundrette with a row of men watching washing machines? (Like that would ever happen!
2. Woman also appear to sit outside a tent to use a loo--and on a road.

Very, very bizarre but at least I know I'm not the only mad person around today!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
A different idea I agree, but can imagine a lot of people at Glastonbury and other Festivals would find it very handy. :winky:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
just looked at the website and 1 thing puzzles me :Confused:

unless you poo like rabbit droppings its going to crash and cause a blockage as it hits the central cross brace thus lifting the unsuspecting poo-er off the stool:Doh:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
A different idea I agree, but can imagine a lot of people at Glastonbury and other Festivals would find it very handy. :winky:

ohh :Eeek: the thought of the missiles being thrown across the field its bad enough being hit with a lucozade bottle full of pi$$ nevermind a bag of $hit

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
well, it reminds me off doggie poo bags and we all know where many of them end up.. on the fence or hanging from a bush .. the curse of the countryside..

no though gone into the disposal of the bag.. can't see a camp site owner being happy with them in the wheelie bin nor the farmer who will find them on his fence..

Camping sites all have facilities, if you are wild camping (in a tent , not at Tescos ) you carry a small shovel and bury human waste.. the last thing you need is another bit of kit to carry ..

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Not a new idea, Towsure have sold them for years.
Link Removed

Andy

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Did anyone see this 'invention' on Dragons Den ?

Basically a tripod canvas stool (no pun intended) with a hole for a bin liner ..

I was surprised Theo bought into it... I thought it was a crap idea , and there already is a Shit in Box on the market..

Also.. where do you dispose of a bag full of waste .. bin it ? :Doh:

" Shit in Box " Is that some sort of special gift ? What a lovely suprise especially if its gift wrapped in a lovely box and displayed on red velvet

Something for the mother in law this christmas perhaps:Smile:

barry

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Link Removed

Andy

And nothing new, the Germans have been doing it when wilding in Spain for years. Allegedly
Heard about this idea when we first went to Spain for the winter, many years ago.

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Going back to Dragons Den, I liked the pair from JOG POST, who distribute leaflets throughout London, Great idea! just think we shall have the fittest illegal immigrants in Europe:ROFLMAO:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
1. Why does the woman appear to be in a laundrette with a row of men watching washing machines? (Like that would ever happen!

Erm? In my experience (2 1/2 years of it) I have found more men in laundrettes than women and in every case where someone didn't know how to work the machine it was a woman :Doh:..... These are public laundrettes not campsite ones though so it may be different....

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Erm? In my experience (2 1/2 years of it) I have found more men in laundrettes than women and in every case where someone didn't know how to work the machine it was a woman :Doh:..... These are public laundrettes not campsite ones though so it may be different....

Only blokes I've ever seen in launderettes have been getting service washes done and as for campsites only ever seen one bloke attempting to use the washing machine. He managed to leave his Y-fronts all over the floor and ended up fetching his wife as he couldn't figure out where to put the coins :Eeek:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Some folk don't seem to need anything like that, driving south down the A9 10 days ago came across a people carrier in the layby, rear nearside door open and a woman squatting beside doing a number 2 onto tarmac in full view of traffic.

Missus was mortified :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: guess the woman was trying to protect her modesty from northbound traffic:Blush::Blush::Blush:

Kids in MPV as well! :whatthe:, it takes all sorts:Doh:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
S..... driving south down the A9 10 days ago came across a people carrier in the layby, rear nearside door open and a woman squatting beside doing a number 2 onto tarmac in full view of traffic.

some kinky buggers would find that erotic .... :Doh:

I stress.. NOT ME .. that is absolutely disgusting ..:Nowink:

she could have at least gone into the bushes or onto the grass :RollEyes:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Link Removed

Andy

I have seen one of these a brill idea.......far better than "Bog in a Bag" .........i was just about to put a link and Andy beat me to it..:thumb:

Mel

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I think I will stick to my cassette.

Reminds of some years ago we took some friends walking for the first time (really took to it he is now on Cleveland search n rescue) so far into the walk she asked "when will we reach a toilet" we said pick a bush!!! "OH no" she said "I could never do that".:Eeek:
Guess what? she did, he he. :ROFLMAO:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
My daughter was sat there watching it with me and said that it was all wrong. She needed a catchy name.

"Sit and shit" summed it up perfectly

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Have heard of some motorhomers lining there Thetford with a carrier bag,doing the business in it then binning the bag. Urrrrggg. Oh for the joys of a blacktank.
Now I know why I had an RV.:Smile:
One more thing...how long before someone comes up with a pocket toilet tent to save your modesty.:Doh:

I too know of one person who do this, (so does JJ) and it absolutely disgusts me these are the kind that get us a bad name.

Doug...

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I too know of one person who do this, (so does JJ) and it absolutely disgusts me these are the kind that get us a bad name.

Doug...

Exactly..

This is my main objection to this product .... where will the bags be disposed ?

I'll tell you where.. they will be deposited in waste bins on lamp posts, wheely bins, dust bins, recycling bins, etc,... none of which are intended for human waste.. then collected and taken to a handling plant or recycling plant. The operators are then exposed to not only a disgusting smelly mess, but a dangerous bio-hazard ..

Or else get tossed into someone's garden or farmers field.. same as dog poo bags :Angry:

I have emailed Bog In A Bag about my concerns.. I will post if they reply .

Last edited:

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
I loved the question:

Link Removed

Q. What is the weight limit of the stool?

A. BoginaBag is designed to carry up to 100kg in weight ...

Holy crap :Eeek:

Gerald

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back