LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
When we bought the van we have.... I ordered a silver screen shortly after...

And was recommended to get some of that very sticky backed thick rubber gutter stuff to go over the door,,,, because the silver screen tucked down the door when open and you close the door to hold it in place... :thumb: and there was the likely hood of the rain traversing into the M.H. :Sad:

Got some guttering and put it on...... but 4 months down the line it was lifting off on one end and what with road grime and muck off the tree`s it has lost it`s sticky... anyway...

I have bought some more but need to get rid of the polish where it sticks, as that, I think was a lot of the trouble.. to shiny and polished.. :Cool::RollEyes:

What can I get the polish off with where the gutter sticks... :thumb:

Obviously nothing that will harm the paintwork... :Doh:::bigsmile:

Any idea`s..

Ta..:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Mo I use pvc cleaner £3 a ltr for most jobs that need cleaning because it leaves no residue simply evaporates but basically you can use terps, wd40 etc and wipe with paper towel after cleaning/before sticking
terry

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
Being a smoker (yes, I know) I use cigarette lighter fuel (petrol) for precisely that purpose. It's useful for getting the labels off SWMBO's shoe soles too and is a solvent for a lot more. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
Another vote for Tcut

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Stick it on with sikaflex Mo them self stick bits are crap anyway ::bigsmile:
terry

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
tcut will stri all the wax and polish off the area and leave a perfectly smooth surface. if youre really worried then wipe with isopropyl alcohol to ensure its spotless

if it was me i would refit the trim that fell off. first i would remove the old glue then use 3M mounting tape or body trim tape from a car accessory shop or bodyshop, to make sure it was back on reliably. the tape supplied on the back of many cheap trims is pretty pathetic and unreliable. would rather use a pro solution thats proven to work

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
tcut will stri all the wax and polish off the area and leave a perfectly smooth surface. if youre really worried then wipe with isopropyl alcohol to ensure its spotless

if it was me i would refit the trim that fell off. first i would remove the old glue then use 3M mounting tape or body trim tape from a car accessory shop or bodyshop, to make sure it was back on reliably. the tape supplied on the back of many cheap trims is pretty pathetic and unreliable. would rather use a pro solution thats proven to work

Thanks, but I have already pulled the old one off, and tied it in a knot and binned it... :Sad::Doh:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Beware of using tcut on GRP or polycarbonate as it has amonia in it that can cause degrading and yellowing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back