Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
As of Sunday..... I will be the proud owner of two (2) American RV`s.... :cry:

Cos no one wants to buy my low mileage 30ft, triple slide, 2007 genuine imported and registered, "B" Class...:cry:

Still spose the Misses can go and do what she wants...

And i can follow Steve,,, "Salopian" down to Spain and learn a few pointers on how to pull Spanish/Brazillian/Cuban hookers... :Cool:

With white chairs...:thumb:

Must remember not to tell Jim where I will be, dont want him driving by spoiling my chances.. :Blush::winky::ROFLMAO:

Mo.. the better class of hookers have red plastic chairs::bigsmile::winky::winky:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
having been inside Mos rv I have to say that if i was lucky enough to win enough on the lottery/euro. I would be telling Mo to deliver it here, its a cracker and the pics really do not do it justice.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
having been inside Mos rv I have to say that if i was lucky enough to win enough on the lottery/euro. I would be telling Mo to deliver it here, its a cracker and the pics really do not do it justice.

Thanks Maggie... :man_in_love:

I`ll show you my big one at Malvern...

And you can help me drink that bottle of "Torrevieja".. Special... :thumb:

Told you we were saving it for a special occassion.. ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

And I can follow Steve,,, "Salopian" down to Spain and learn a few pointers on how to pull [HI]Spanish/Brazillian/Cuban[/HI] hookers... :Cool:

With white chairs...:thumb:

Must remember not to tell Jim where I will be, dont want him driving by[HI] spoiling my chances..[/HI] :Blush::winky::ROFLMAO:

Hungarian I believe... :winky:

... and I don't anyone one can "spoil" their chances unless they have no cash (or in Steve's case credit) left... :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
And as an added bonus to the buyer I`m leaving =

Half a tank of "Grey Waste".... and....

Three quarter tank of genuine "Black Waste".....

And 20 gallons of green stagnant water in the fresh tank...

And it`s cheaper than his.... :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Funnily enough, we had a caravan before the MH. When we had the MH it had to go, so it went to live with eldest daughter. Hadn't been used for years and years ......

Phone call. I can't tell you the names she called her dad.

Yes - you guessed - the Porta Potti cassette had been left 'as is'. :Eeek:

Fortunately she remembered well that it was always dad's very first job after they returned home with the van and therefore gave him the benefit of the doubt for a totally uncharacteristic lapse. Plus she demonstrated that as his first born she had learned well from his tutelage in her formative years. :Doh:

So she made her husband empty it !

Last edited:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
How long is a piece of string. Have had American CARS that if I really tried I could get 6 MPG out of :ROFLMAO:

I have had Jags and one Rover that cant beat that I have also had yanks that can and yanks that can't :ROFLMAO: now exactly how long was that piece of srtring :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: and no I am not packing up my RV even at 2 to the gallon I happen to like it........and still think I get more for my money :thumb:

All the best Rick

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
I had a 5ltr V10 VW Toureag for nearly 2yrs, when looking around to buy the right one took a particular example out and gave it some beans down a back road I knew mpg figure read 3.4mpg, Did I still buy one... Hell yes ::bigsmile:
Also had a Mitsubishi EVO 8 less than 20mpg even when driving sensible and main dealer servicing every 3500 miles, Was looking to buy a Ferrari 360 and not an RV, would have done mid-teens mpg at best but would never have got near that as I would have spent all the time caning it throu the lower gears just to listen to the glorious sound exhaust note so the RV is very frugal and cheap to run & maintain in comparison, as always it's horses for courses :thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
It seems the bottom line is always MPG and not comfort. If that were really the case we would all holiday in 2 * hotels :RollEyes:
Not me :Smile:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
It seems the bottom line is always MPG and not comfort. If that were really the case we would all holiday in 2 * hotels :RollEyes:
Not me :Smile:

The bottom line is not about mpg :Smile: it is about what you want out of a vehicle :thumb: What makes you think that just because a smaller van returns 30 mpg it is any less comfortable :Smile: You like the big brash in your face mine is bigger than yours 8/10mpg RV (sorry could not resist the mpg):winky: while we like the comfort and go anywhere 30mpg convienience of the smaller /no less::bigsmile:
comfortable self build that gives us exactly what we ( at this moment in time) want
Terry

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
TBH Terry

I think the bottom line is Space and Payload along with that comfort, I only have a relatively small 5ver as 5vers go (just short of 28' long and 7'6" wide when the small lounge slide is in) and i know that i couldnt cope with dogs and people in a euro size unit for more than an hour or two having to sidestep round legs and bodies in order to do something, RV style units give space to be able to stretch out, sit/lie in comfort or even both of you being able to use the kitchen space together not to mention being able to take what you want for personal use without having to think about weight, eg clothes and shoes etc plus that stuff for outside use for those occasions the sun does shine.
How a 6 berth euro motorhome can only have a 3 or 4 hundered kilos allowance for payload is terrible once you have bodies and water in there is nothing left for personal or camping stuff. At least american units allow more than enough for the family and contents.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The bottom line is not about mpg :Smile: it is about what you want out of a vehicle :thumb: What makes you think that just because a smaller van returns 30 mpg it is any less comfortable :Smile: You like the big brash in your face mine is bigger than yours 8/10mpg RV (sorry could not resist the mpg):winky: while we like the comfort and go anywhere 30mpg convienience of the smaller /no less::bigsmile:
comfortable self build that gives us exactly what we ( at this moment in time) want
Terry

Exactly the point I was making ::bigsmile:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
MPG is a factor...

...as is space, comfort, payload, insurance, tax, manoeuvrability etc. etc.

When considering a motorhome it is the attractiveness of the whole package that is taken into consideration. EVERYONE has made compromises when buying a motorhome.

MPG was low down on my list of priorities when we chose an RV over other forms of motorhome.

Other motorhomers priorities will be different and their end decision will be made taking into account all the factors that matter to them.

There is no right or wrong...mpg is a factor, just how big a factor will be different in most cases.

People fixate on MPG as being a major cost differential, but insurance, tax, maintenance, camping charges, depreciation and other costs can easily be a bigger differential.

Financially it would be better to look at the total cost of ownership and not single out one aspect.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
MPG is a factor...

...as is space, comfort, payload, insurance, tax, manoeuvrability etc. etc.

well put Bryan.

nobody WANTS just 10mpg but the other items (most of at least :RollEyes:) far outweigh the extra fuel cost.

most folks wont fly to Spain and book into Miguel's boarding house......they'd book into a decent hotel.

no difference really.

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Hungarian I believe... :winky:

... and I don't anyone one can "spoil" their chances unless they have no cash (or in Steve's case credit) left... :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Frankie I hope you noticed just how knowledgeable a certain person is on "redlight" matters?
It would seem he is very well informed:ROFLMAO:Broken Link RemovedBroken Link Removed

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well I must admit that MPG never came into the thought process when choosing our van ::bigsmile: neither did much else at the time. :Smile:I/we (mate & I)just saw it and thought it would make a nice conversion :Doh::thumb:When I bought it we had a 6 berth van,and the boss said we were keeping that one.Me I knew as soon as I bought it we were keeping this one ::bigsmile:Once layout was decided she came around to thinking we may keep it.:thumb:The decision was made to sell the old van and keep the new one :thumb:which indecently is both a lot smaller and a lot more comfortable than the 6 berth with both better economy and a lot bigger payload.:thumb:MPG is just to wind up RV owners :ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:
terry

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Well I must admit that MPG never came into the thought process when choosing our van ::bigsmile: neither did much else at the time. :Smile:I/we (mate & I)just saw it and thought it would make a nice conversion :Doh::thumb:When I bought it we had a 6 berth van,and the boss said we were keeping that one.Me I knew as soon as I bought it we were keeping this one ::bigsmile:Once layout was decided she came around to thinking we may keep it.:thumb:The decision was made to sell the old van and keep the new one :thumb:which indecently is both a lot smaller and a lot more comfortable than the 6 berth with both better economy and a lot bigger payload.:thumb:MPG is just to wind up RV owners :ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:
terry

You would'nt :ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Terry
This is my opinion only but I think that ridiculously low MPG is just one of the negative factors that make these dinosaurs extremely difficult to sell for anything like a realistic price on e-bay or anywhere else. The oil price, just another nail in the coffin of these US imports that really never found a niche in the European market. Big and brash is not for this side of the water. :winky:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back