Bob's latest marketing tactic (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is fun

Price has been dropped - £19,999.00

it is great fun... I look at the stats that ebay give.. when I dropped the price (which is true for the last few days of the sale on ebay) I had 50 with the item on there watch list and a 1,820 page turns... not the most over the 3 months... I changed the price at 16.48 hrs yesterday.

This morning when I checked them at 09.19 the watch list had climbed to 57 and the page turns had gone to 1,195.

I put the page turns down to Dave ..our Shiffty...... he has shown more interest than most in the RV... which is fine with me...

Have no fear after the advert runs out ..8 or 9 days I think I am not renewing it. I have already arranged for my son in law at the weekend to come over and remove all the bits and bobs we put back on.. and yes Shiffty the the Willie Nelson poster.. doing that to keep you happy Dave. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: The rest of the items will be put in the workshop and as and when and if the RV sells now or later they will be put on ebay or used on the replacement toy hauler.

It would be nice to sit here and look at the new RV... well looking at this one is not a hardship really.

We will keep it in top rate order as we have always done. Cannot improve on the miles... As when we give it a blast down the road we only do about 10 miles or so.. The under 20k may go to being just over 20k by the time it sells.

But I promise I will not mention it any more after the auction ends until it sells.... whenever

Bob:Blush:

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
"Stop posting on here about every little thing . Take some fresh photos , it will do wonders"

I'm in total agreement. There is no way that I would travel 200 miles + to see a motorhome that I was interested in without being happy that it will not be an expensive waste of my time.

Photographs and the way it is described (including the perceived tone of the ad) are all that I have until I see it and meet the owner. If I don't like the look of either, I will not travel and I'll look elsewhere - there are plenty to choose from.

You will be far better off to listen to all the good advice from all the people who have taken the trouble to try to help you!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
so you do not want to buy it then?

"Stop posting on here about every little thing . Take some fresh photos , it will do wonders"

I'm in total agreement. There is no way that I would travel 200 miles + to see a motorhome that I was interested in without being happy that it will not be an expensive waste of my time.

Photographs and the way it is described (including the perceived tone of the ad) are all that I have until I see it and meet the owner. If I don't like the look of either, I will not travel and I'll look elsewhere - there are plenty to choose from.

You will be far better off to listen to all the good advice from all the people who have taken the trouble to try to help you!!!!

So you do not want to buy it then?:Blush: if I took all the advice I have read in the various posts, I would have no photos and no RV advertised... all the experts???? Well funny Martin in 28 years of owning RV's day vans and dozens of cars I have managed to sell an a lot of them in that time.

Mind you with some 3,000 feed back on ebay that might say I may not be a novice in selling things.

But all advice is noted... I pick the best and disregard the less than helpful negative remarks.

But as I say after the advert finishes it's course then it will be taken off and not mentioned on MHF anymore.

Please note it was not I that started this post

Bob

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Humans buy with emotion first and try to justify later with logic.

I think that`s probably what happened to your deposit laden buyer.

I belive when buying any expensive luxury , buy first ,delete the spreadsheet and enjoy !

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Please note it was not I that started this post

Bob

No Bob you didnt, it is duly noted.

You had been quiet of late so
someone thought they would shake your tree to see if you were still playing :RollEyes:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Not a penny less than 34k and now down to under 20k :Doh: I honestly thought it would sell at 25 :Smile: but times are hard :Eeek:
Keep posting Bob and keep me/us up to date:thumb: it is a slow moving front page these days and I personaly prefer to read about your van than all the people posting about a certain playbook/tablet that thyey are having to download programs to make it work instead of getting a up to date tablet
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am always willing to play

No Bob you didnt, it is duly noted.

You had been quiet of late so
someone thought they would shake your tree to see if you were still playing :RollEyes:

I am always willing to play as you know.

Had an offer this afternoon £19k turned it down... mind you I have had that offer a couple of times from the same person and also a couple of dealers.

If you read...as I suspect a lot will the advert has been pruned down. I have my son in law coming over later int he week and he is removing everything that is not what you would call a fixture and fitting.. my poor workshop again will have it's benches filled up.

If it does not sell by the end of the present run of adverts .. all finished by the end of the month ...ebay even earlier. We have decided to montball it and worry about it next year.

But I am always happy for someone to shake the tree.... if those that do not know you can find the RV on ebay

number 180978199155

or

the link Link Removed

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Bob, ive just taken another look at your RV, i would keep the decore inside photos, and to me if nobody wants it for 19,999 ,they are mad, its got to be worth 25000, of any bodys money, again,at the presant climate every one's looking to still a bargain, dont let be you that are the victum, keep to what you are doing and keep patient, and somebody will come along soon, again all the best with the hospital appointment, stay cool, cheers Alf. all the best!!!.

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Bob, is there any truth in the rumour that you have stripped so much out of your motorhome that you are now selling a Winnebago V (having removed the R from RV) ?:ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
that may be true Bryan, but who believes a lawyer?

Bob, is there any truth in the rumour that you have stripped so much out of your motorhome that you are now selling a Winnebago V (having removed the R from RV) ?:ROFLMAO:

That may well be true Bryan.. but who believes a lawyer?

It is as advertised on ebay.. but things like the LPG adapters (several) all removed, EHU cables (several of them also) removed.. maglites - removed etc., etc., still has 6 wheels... but JIMS red light pressure units are being removed this week. It now comes with empty cupboards, empty lockers.. table cloth, rugs (over) and cushions removed... so very much as we got it.. with nothing ... a blank canvas for someone else to work with.

When it is sold I will put some bits on ebay and keep some other bits for the toy hauler....

But I will put the new cooker switch on that arrived from Star Spangled Spanner last week... Cannot have something not working 100%... which most people know is the way my RV is ....100% working.

But as they say Bryan....watch this space.............. anything can happen.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
with all the bits removed Bobs Winnebago seems so much smaller :rollonfloor:

Broken Link Removed

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
at this rate that is going to be worth more

with all the bits removed Bobs Winnebago seems so much smaller :rollonfloor:

Broken Link Removed

At the way things are going that Tonka Winnebago will be worth more than my Winnebago Aspect.... Have not seen one of those pig noses in the model form for a few years now... nice.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
and still the silly offers arrive... do people not read... NO OFFERS.
I have never said this before Bob because you seem a nice bloke and I really didn't want to upset you. :winky:
I got considerably more for my dinky toy with 90k on the clock than you are asking. They approached me before I advertised it. There is no justice:ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
That does not up set me Buttons

I have never said this before Bob because you seem a nice bloke and I really didn't want to upset you. :winky:
I got considerably more for my dinky toy with 90k on the clock than you are asking. They approached me before I advertised it. There is no justice:ROFLMAO:

That does not upset me Buttons.. it is the silly offer that some people make....

I get used (well almost) to the jokes and jives on MHF.. I know they are not meant with malice....

So no Buttons not up set by the remark.. just surprised it is still sitting on my drive.

Bob:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
That does not upset me Buttons.. it is the silly offer that some people make....

I get used (well almost) to the jokes and jives on MHF.. I know they are not meant with malice....

So no Buttons not up set by the remark.. just surprised it is still sitting on my drive.

Bob:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
RVs are generally for summer use, probably buyers don't want it on their drive without using it, so come the spring activity will pick up and it will be gone.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back