Bobby Dazlers (1 Viewer)

Mar 8, 2020
Axminster, DEVON
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2018
Having had our door mirrors clattered several times now, I was looking at some protectors. I liked the look of some bright yellow ones on the internet but not the £170+ pricetag. I've bought some Milenco protectors, spray painted and laquered them for a fraction of the price......... they're now very bright and hopefully put an end to replacing mirror glass.
moho.jpg

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
The new generation of lorries now have cameras instead of mirrors.

I think wing mirrors will look 'quaint' on vans within 2-3 years
The will go the same way as running boards, indicators on stalks and front wheel wings

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The OP says it has happened to them 'several times'

I just wonder whether it happens to 'C' Class more than 'A' Class, and if so whether it is because at first glance the oncoming vehicle sees the cab width without noting the mirror widths, whereas the 'A' Class cab width is more obvious, our Arto certainly is, and with the height and huge windscreen could easily be mistaken for a 16-seat bus.

We frequently note 'white van man' pulling in to give us precedence, which they are not noted for. I have only experienced one mirror clash in 12 years and that was only a touch on our mirror leaving some small paint marks, but the transit van mirror shattered. We were stationary. We were lucky because we were jut on a 25 min. journey to Dover for the ferry, so it would have been doubly annoying had our mirror broken.

Geoff

Deleted User
My only observation is that the Mirror guard man’s ones are built with the same construction of a well made fibre glass motorcycle crash helmet, with cushioned padding integrated into the construction. We have had ours struck at a closing impact of about 80 mph and caused a slight crack to the casing and popped out the main mirror which hung by its wire, and I pushed it straight back into place.

The Milenco ones are rain covers IMHO. Probably why he charges so much. I think the yellow colour will definitely help on straight roads, but in our case a rental large moho came around a bend towards us without much thought for its size, so I think it would have made no difference even if I had had Christmas tree lights on them 😂

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I stuck reflective tape on my mirrors, judging by the way some motorists have swerved away at the last minute I don't think they have much affect.
20210904_110650.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back