Rally Bob & Terry's FFF Rally - Thurs 26th to Mon 30th July 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
The figures are in and we were able to raise £177.91 for the Air Ambulance.
The money was given to Andy (site owner) to pay on our behalf and he has generously bumped it up to £250.

Thanks everyone, receipt below :mnythnks:

View attachment 247158
Again fabulous weekend, well done giving to charity. Heartily agree to paying deposits - several members running events do this and still get fully booked with basic costs then covered. Also would add the additional luxury of taking newspaper orders and then hand delivering them would be better paying up front and collecting them from you. Bob and Lisa seemed to be driving round for ages trying to find people.
I understand folk having operations or hospital appointments having to cancel at the last minute as rescheduling these could put people to the back of the queue as we're in the same position but got lucky as the my op' fell between the 3f's and Saltfleet. The least people can do is to let you know as soon as pos'.

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
I would happily pay the fee up front, and chance losing my money if I couldn’t attend. This has happened to me on a number of occasions when life intruded unexpectedly - I would never not attend without informing the organiser as all it takes is a few words on a post.
I’m glad the air ambulance got a donation - I assume the damaged section of the marquee had to be deducted?

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
I’m glad the air ambulance got a donation - I assume the damaged section of the marquee had to be deducted?
Thanks for your comments. The damage has not been quoted for yet, so has not been deducted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TrebleH

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto, Iveco
We agree Lisa, if you want a deposit next year, so be it, you can put our name down now. Can't understand people who back out last minute without any consideration for the organizers, you shouldn't be out of pocket. I was more than happy to help after such a fantastic weekend. Took me two days to recover though!!

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Hi @Lisa. We really enjoyed the meet and remarked that it was excellent value. We would be happy to chip in a bit extra to ensure you aren't out of pocket. Obviously you didn't factor in damage to the marquee to the costs. You did a brilliant job in difficult circumstances. Wanted to ask you where you got the burger buns from? They were the best.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Thank you all it was great despite the bad timing of the rain. Love to do next year and EVERY meet should take deposits to stop it getting like the caravan club (y)

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
What with hospital appointments this is the first time I have had to say a big thank you for organising a great meet this thanks goes to everyone who worked hard to make it a success. We would be willing to pay a non refundable deposit and full payment nearer the time. Thank you very mu ch for Terry and Bob for releasing our spare wheel at least we can get chairs etc. in the locker.
PS As for non shows this happens all the time and as you say it would help if they let the marshals no as some meets we have to be there from 8 in the morning till 9 at night waiting for people who don't turn up;
Once a again a big thank you for the weekend and put us down for next year

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Agree with above posts .
would be happy to contribute to mq and pay dep or full payment for future rallys .you did a cracking job all of you .

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
Payment of deposit non returnable and advance final payment totally acceptable.
Many of us as already mentioned have to juggle Hospital and family commitments at short notice.

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Thanks for all your kind offers, comments and feedback, deposits will definitely be requested in future.
We understand that genuine things pop up, and have had to cancel things ourselves but are equally happy to forfeit our deposits and give as much notice as possible.

@Hils and Glenns - the burgers/buns were obtained from a wholesalers that Bob (@bobnden ) used previously when they owned a pub. PM them if you want further details ;)

Onwards and upwards :)

Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
I know I’m a little late in sending this but I would also like to thank everyone concerned who organised the fff rally, it was fantastic, I would also like to thank Bill for fixing my aerial on my van and fixing my friends water pipe.Im sure she would say thank you but not yet managed to get in the forum.It was nice catching up with all you ladies again and I’m looking forward to Malvern where I’m sure some of you will be attending. Xx

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Do you have a date for 2019 I have heard good things about the rally so want to make sure I can make it

Thanks for your interest but we’re still recovering from this years meet to even consider putting it on again :D2

IF we decide to run another FFF meet, we won’t know any dates until next year. It will also be at a new venue......

alanalmoff

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
Hi Lisa, would you put us down for a place if there's a cancellation, many thank, Alan & Sheila

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back