Rally Bob & Terry's FFF Rally - Thurs 26th to Mon 30th July 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I don't normally put my name down so early but the meets seem to fill straight away.

A lot of folk will drop out and I hope they tell you as soon as they know - to give others a chance.

I have turned up 'on spec' to a couple of 'full' rallies to still find a space, as I don't (normally) plan very far ahead

Was I just lucky or are some meets totally full?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I don't normally put my name down so early but the meets seem to fill straight away.

A lot of folk will drop out and I hope they tell you as soon as they know - to give others a chance.

I have turned up 'on spec' to a couple of 'full' rallies to still find a space, as I don't (normally) plan very far ahead

Was I just lucky or are some meets totally full?

Just turning up is discourteous and puts the rally organising parties in a very embarrassing position in that you turn up and end up queue jumping people on a reserves list or get turned away.
We would not like to turn anyone away or offend people hence lists.....if you are just turning up to a meet at least phone the organisers before setting off (I know you are on our list)
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Just turning up is discourteous and puts the rally organising parties in a very embarrassing position in that you turn up and end up queue jumping people on a reserves list or get turned away.
We would not like to turn anyone away or offend people hence lists.....if you are just turning up to a meet at least phone the organisers before setting off (I know you are on our list)
Terry

Every meet and rally is popular and often 'filled' in a few days, even though the event is months (sometimes many months) away.

Most events are over 5-6 days, not everyone will be there every day, I rarely stay more than a day or 2

Quite a few on the first full list will change their plans close to the event, family, medical, mechanical and all sorts of reasons. There will be many members disappointed that they have missed the same event.

Would it be better (knowing the popularity of all the meets) announce the event early but to open the list say a month before - I don't know.

I don't 'queue jump' and would not take or try to take anyones' place.

The last time I turned up 'on spec' was at Southport a couple of years ago.

I set off knowing that if there was no place at the FUN meet I would simply move on - as it turned out I was made really welcome by the marshalls (a lovely couple in an RV, sorry can't remember their names) - there was space, in fact I parked behind your van.

It turned out that there were many places outside he FUN area anyway - as at Stratford, Malvern, Chester etc.

I have never been to a rally/meet that was 100% full

At Southport I turned up Saturday lunch time, had a great time in the club house Saturday night, Sunday breakfast in @andy63 's van and then left.

The club is well supported by many 'regulars' but to see Joy on the reserve list seems wrong so I'm giving up my place at this meet, please remove my name.

Hope everyone has a great time and the weather stays fine, best wishes

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Sunday breakfast in @andy63 's van and then left.
Hi vic. ..I remember that (y)... was terry not getting fed as well:LOL:...
I know someone else who used to turn up on spec at meets:LOL:.. no names mentioned but I'm sure he will read this.:LOL:
But there has to be a system and where there is a reserve list it isn't right to just turn up..... :( but terry has provided a solution in the form of a last min phone call to the orgainers ..
Hope all is well and that new van of yours is all you wanted...
Andy.

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
The club is well supported by many 'regulars' but to see Joy on the reserve list seems wrong so I'm giving up my place at this meet, please remove my name.

As requested, I have removed you from the list. Although it's a rather strange reason for cancelling. There are many regular club members supporting this event who are on the reserve list. To single one person out, is beyond comprehension.

The list was formed in the fairest way.... first come, first served.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi vic. ..I remember that (y)... was terry not getting fed as well:LOL:...
I know someone else who used to turn up on spec at meets:LOL:.. no names mentioned but I'm sure he will read this.:LOL:
But there has to be a system and where there is a reserve list it isn't right to just turn up..... :( but terry has provided a solution in the form of a last min phone call to the orgainers ..
Hope all is well and that new van of yours is all you wanted...
Andy.

Hi Andy, yes I was in your van having breakfast with Vic (lovely it was too) ....and just to clarify, I have never just turned up at a meet.:)
I am not saying phoning the organisers is the answer but at least it gives them a heads up and the opportunity to say yes or no without the embarrassment!

Terry

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
(@Bessie600) @Bob Worsley - I'm sorry but EHU is no longer available due to a request from a medical user. Hope you understand. Can you please confirm that you still want a place on the main rally field? Thanks.
^^^^^^^^ @Bessie600 - can you please confirm. Thanks.

Jun 29, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 966M
Exp
since 2010
Hi Lisa, could you take BOBBYJO of the list they are not able to attend the meet.
Thanks chris

Pete-Jay-Sophie

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta
Exp
Hi Guys,

Could we go on the reserve list please EHU if possible but only because we don't have a panel and won't last 4 days without :)

Thx Jay, Pete & Soph xxx

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Hi Guys,

Could we go on the reserve list please EHU if possible but only because we don't have a panel and won't last 4 days without :)

Thx Jay, Pete & Soph xxx
I’ve added you to the reserve list (y)

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
@DavidG58 - A space has become available on EHU, if you would like it.

If not, I will offer it to No.2 on the reserve list.

Please let me know....
Many thanks
Lisa :)

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
happy to take a space if available we don't need EHU though, save that for someone who needs it (y)
Sorry David, at this stage it’s an EHU space only - at the top of the field by the entrance.

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
OK then thanks, will take what you have (y)

but just to add to your juggling exercise in planning the attendees, can you please move me to the field at the next drop out :)(y)
No problem, will do (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Lisa ... don't want to add to confusion but if I get onto main list ever, I will swap with @DavidG58 please as now finding I need EHU... Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back