Boat and Caravan Show 2012 @ NEC cancelled (1 Viewer)

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Looks like squabbling/politics between show organisers, resulting in two big February shows (NEC & London), has forced the cancellation of the Birmingham one. The Boat & Caravan Show has been running for 50 years.

No doubt the economy hasn't helped. The Outdoor Leisure Show which ran alongside has been cancelled too.

Link Removed
Link Removed

I think this was the show I went to in 2009 & 2010....made the mistake of going on the Saturday each time....jam packed :shout: Not any more.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Apart from the fact that the NEC was extremely expensive, the South of the UK could do with something

We will be there with the Fiamma stand as usual plus the Pilote Franchise holders, Hayes Leisure, SMC and Johns Cross together with Pilote will be hosting the Pilote stand there.

Hope to see some Funsters :thumb:

Peter

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
that looks like and advert Peter:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Apart from the fact that the NEC was extremely expensive, the South of the UK could do with something

We will be there with the Fiamma stand as usual plus the Pilote Franchise holders, Hayes Leisure, SMC and Johns Cross together with Pilote will be hosting the Pilote stand there.

Hope to see some Funsters :thumb:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
No it isn`t Rog it`s a
images
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
No, he's advertising a competitor - Hayes Leisure. I thought that was jolly nice of him meself!

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
But isn't Neil saying the shows are cancelled, if so where will Peter n others be having their stands :winky:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The NEC has been going down hill for ages, too much money for too little

Van Bitz pay thousands for a 12m 7m stand and we pay a fortune on top of that for carpet that isn't even laid when we get to the NEC

The NCC wanted to run a show in London and Van Bitz like loads of other companies decided that the Excell was a better venue and we all booked for the new show.

Personally I have never like the way that the organisers treated the exhibitors or the day visitors, took too much for granted and lost the business because of it in my opinion!

Eddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back