Free Member
Apr 30, 2010
shropshire
Funster No
MH
sundance 630g
Exp
since 2006 with my mom & dad
We have been playing Rummikubs over the weekend and really enjoyed it, although it wasn't ours. We can bring Trivial Pursuit. but the kind where you bet on your opponents perceived ability to answer the question correctly. It was great fun. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Mom said if she plays trivial pursuit with you, you wont need to bet you will win :ROFLMAO:she is hopeless:ROFLMAO:

Amanda

Free Member
Apr 30, 2010
shropshire
Funster No
MH
sundance 630g
Exp
since 2006 with my mom & dad
Don't worry JJ
I shall avenge you
"the lady may be lovely but she cant be that good"

Teddy:winky:

want to bet, I take no prisioners. Does this mean I have to play properly and no messing about:RollEyes:

luv Amanda:thumb:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi Maz, mom hasn't bought our qwirkle yet but she has downloaded a similar game for us to practice on the ipad its called mindfeud. Its a bit hard for me yet.

Hi Amanda. I hadn't heard of MindFeud but I just googled it and apparently it's the same as Qwirkle but with some extra scoring. By the time we meet up I'm sure you'll be an expert at it. :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Don't worry JJ
I shall avenge you
"the lady may be lovely but she cant be that good"

Teddy:winky:

As my better looking twin brother I must warn you...

A Trionimos Match...

You v Amanda...

You haven't a hope in hell Roger.

You have more chance of catching the Loch Ness Monster while fishing outside your new pad...

Trust me... I know stuff.

JJ :Cool:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
As my better looking twin brother I must warn you...

A Trionimos Match...

You v Amanda...

You haven't a hope in hell Roger.

You have more chance of catching the Loch Ness Monster while fishing outside your new pad...

Trust me... I know stuff.

JJ :Cool:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
The list - even smaller (Loujess can no longer make it) but still perfectly formed ::bigsmile:

1. Peter H
2. catspyjamas
3. maz
4. Ambilkate
[STRIKE]5. Loujess[/STRIKE]
6. scammellmanswife
7. Teddybard

Just means the custard choc chip cookies will go further. ::bigsmile:

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Bump ....... Are there no other board gamers out there? ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M

Madwife

Deleted User
What is the date and venue? We would be interested in coming if we are free

Kath and Howie

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
What is the date and venue? We would be interested in coming if we are free

Kath and Howie

Hi Kath & Howie. It's 11-14 October at The Hampstall Inn, Astley Boeuf, Stourport-on-Severn DY13 0RY. Rate is a bargain £4.50 per night, on hardstanding, no EHU. :Smile:

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Oops, I am away that weekend on an Indian cooking course and it would be a bit too much for Howie to have all four dogs away with him on his own and be able to play some board games:ROFLMAO:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Sorry Maz:cry:

But Sheila and I will have to call off this meet due to
recent personal developments.

Roger & Sheila:Smile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
The list - smaller than ever but still perfectly formed ::bigsmile:

1. Peter H
2. catspyjamas
3. maz
4. Ambilkate
[STRIKE]5. Loujess[/STRIKE]
6. scammellmanswife
7. [STRIKE]Teddybard[/STRIKE]

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
I may be up for this on either w/e. Anyone play backgammon?

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Hi Sue. Yes, I can play backgammon. :Smile:

We're now settled on 11-14 Oct for the meet.

See you've got your Burstner. :thumb:

:Smile: Oh yes, delivery next week, it is a beauty. Will do my best to make it and will let you know asap.
Sue.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
As I'm currently at Kidderminster I'm planning to nip down to Stourport this weekend with a friend for a quick recce. Will report back with details of best route to pub, access to facilities, etc. :Smile:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Recce report

The meet is being held at the Hampstall Inn, Astley Burf, Stourport-on-Severn DY13 0RY. This is their website: Broken Link Removed

Pub is in a lovely location right next to the River Severn. We will be parking on hardstanding. There is no EHU.

The meet will run from Fri 11 Oct through to lunchtime on Mon 14 Oct. I will be there for the 3 nights but you can stay for as many or few nights as you wish.

Best route in is to turn off the B4196 at the crossroads into Bullhill Lane. This is signposted 'Astley Burf and Hampstall'. At the next junction, bear right onto Weather Lane and continue to follow this lane to its end in the pub car park. There are a couple of narrow stretches on the way but nothing too alarming. :Smile: If heading north up the B4196, do not be tempted to take the earlier turning signposted 'Hampstall and Astley Burf' together with a brown signpost for 'Astley Vineyard' - this lane is seriously narrow! :Eeek:

Water and Elsan point are available at the side of the pub buildings. I will point out their location to Funsters as they arrive. There is a rubbish container on site.

We will be parking up in the rear section of the car park, and parking diagonally to allow maximum access through the car park. I will park at the appropriate angle and as you arrive please park parallel to my van - either nose in or tail in, whichever you prefer. I aim to be on site around 10am so you are welcome to arrive any time from 10.30am onwards. :Smile:

A short distance from the pub a footpath leads to Shrawley Wood, which is a good place for dog walking. Dogs are allowed into the conservatory area of the pub, where there are a number of tables (for board gaming and eating).

Cost is £4.50 per van per night, payable direct to the pub landlord. As agreed, we will all be eating in the pub on the Sat night. Thank you all for letting me know your menu choices - I have passed these on to the landlord. Other nights you are free to eat wherever you like.

For those of you who don't already have my mobile number, I will send it to you in a PM. It would be useful to know roughly when you expect to arrive but not essential. If I am not at my van when you arrive, I won't be far away and you can ring me if you have any problems.

If there's anything you want to know that I've forgotten, please let me know. :Smile:

See you soon! ::bigsmile:

Last edited:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hopefully be with you for 1pm
Amanda has been practising her rumikub hope you are all ready for the challenge:winky:

regards Kate x

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Just been on their web page noticed a pool table too Amanda will be happy. Looks a nice place pity no more funsters are up for this meet.

ps. yes triominoes will be coming with us too :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back