BMW ebike (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I don't know any specifics but it's highly unlikely that BMW are in any way involved in the design or manufacturing process. It will be made by a proper bike manufacturer (hopefully) and then have BMW stickers added.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Probably a bit too expensive and a choice for thieves.

Probably a bit Like the Mercedes Sold SMART E-Bike

If you disregard cheap Chinese scrap iron it's right at the bottom end of the eBike market price wise.

OP
OP
Gina M
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
This is the specification with 90 nm torque

BMW Active Hybrid E-Bike with hydroformed aluminium frame in the typical BMW Bullneck design. The integrated Brose electrical motor with 250 W power and 90 Nm torque as well as one Li-ion battery with 504 Wh make the e-bike dynamic and agile. Integrated LED rear light and protective aluminium panel integrate design and safety. Display with Micro-USB input as well as Bluetooth function and integrated control function. The removable Li-ion battery allows for a range of up to 100 km. Exclusive colour combination in frozen Black/Arctic Silver and unique frame design for a modern look.
They are on eBay but link doesn't open

OP
OP
Gina M
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
More like a weeks price work

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Would you be able to pull a dog cart with it.

know nothing about this particular e-bike, but my Kalkhoff , same power 250watt , could pull a dog cart with two dogs no problem.. but you do need to pedal and use the gears on hills .. they are not mopeds

Pedelec forum is worth reading and asking questions

sold mine and now just use a road bike and a mountain bike for the dog cart

Kalkhoff are 'probably' one of the best quality e-bikes , built in Germany but as with most things, quality comes at a price.. bought ours from 50s Cycles .

OP
OP
Gina M
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Thanks I will have a look at pedelec .
I was told by 50 cycles in Loughborough last Saturday that the only bike I could use was a beat bike.
I had a trial ride on cube cross race
Hiabike
Beatbike
Kalkoff agastu
Besv
Reise and muller tinkler hs , this was the fastest but you have to insure it and notify dvlc
Buy the time I had finished couldn't make my mind up.
But was told due to the centre axle on the rear wheel only the beat bike was suitable

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
But was told due to the centre axle on the rear wheel only the beat bike was suitable

sorry but that doesn't make sense... all wheels have an axle.. I towed the dog trailer and pannier bags full of kit on holiday in Wales, and up some quite steep hills .. no problem, so no idea what they mean.

IMG_0993 (1).jpg

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Can't be a BMW - there's not cylinders sticking out of the side to grind off when cornering....:)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011

The centre axle on our 6 year old Kalkhoffs didn't provide enough grip to secure the trailer hitch with, so I just made a simple bracket and picked up a couple of holes in the frame to fasten it to. I was going to double it up with the bike stand bolts originally.
20180504_100331.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back