Bmw ebike update and cost (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Hi Steve here I have been ringing around on these today and can also be bought from any BMW dealer.
The best price I got was £1680 from BMW in Preston collected the new model with brose motor as the specification below.
After the success of the BMW Cruise E-Bike, BMW is seeing in a new era in 2017/2018 with the BMW Active Hybrid E-Bike. The new e-bike will not only write the next chapter in the success story of the previous model, but also impresses with its enhanced dynamics and its aesthetically pleasing design. Both technical and aesthetic innovations give the bicycle a unique, striking presence that attracts attention wherever it goes and makes every city trip an exciting cycling experience.

What makes this bike different?

• The increased efficiency of the motor and battery takes the cycling experience to a new dimension.

• The striking bull neck, derived by motorcycle design, is strong and uncompromising, creating a pioneering and dynamic look.

• The motor and battery are integrated in the frame, designed by BMW Designworks, making the bicycle look visually slimmer.

SPECIFICATION

Frame: Hydroformed aluminium frame, bull neck design with integrated motor and battery.

Lightweight, A forceful, unique design, Perfect cornering, High efficiency, Increased agility.

Fork: Suntour NCX, 28” suspension fork in same colour as frame, Comfortable cycling thanks to optimum suspension.

Disk Brakes: Shimano BR-M315, 180 mm front, 160 mm rear, Hydraulic disk brake for high, precisely metered braking force, Calm, effective braking.

Shifting System: Shimano Deore/XT, 10 gears, Rapid, smooth and precise switching of gears without jamming

Rims: Rodi Airline Plus, 28”, High cycling comfort

Tyres: 28” x 2.0 Continental Cruise CONTACT with Safety System, A safe riding experience, even on rough ground, thanks to the excellent suspension provided by the large air volume, Maximum safety when used on-road or off-road thanks to the SafetySystem (deflection of shards, stones and chips, etc.by Kevlar insert in tyre), Better visibility because of built-in reflector strips

Drive: Brose electric drive s motor with 250 W output and 90 Nm torque., Perfect support for comfortable cycling (adjustable any time as required)

Battery: 504 Wh, up to 100 km range, rechargeable in 3.5 hours, Long battery life allows travel of greater distances

Weight: 22.7 kg

Colour: Frozen Black with Arctic Silver

Frame Sizes Available: S (approx. body height 160 – 175 cm), M (approx. body height 175 – 185 cm)
FOR ONLY £1695.00INC VAT

Is this a good specification as I do not know anything about bikes

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
For that money it should have a crank drive motor but the description does not make it clear. If it is then that’s the price we paid for the Orbea ones which has a similar spec. If it’s a hub motor walk away.
Edit. Just notice that the battery is in the frame so that’s a reason not to buy in my opinion.

OP
OP
Gina M
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Hi Mikeco
Thanks for the feedback the battery is in the frame and can be removed for charging and I will check to see if it has a crank drive motor.
It has 90 nm torque will that make it jerk forward or help it being over 23kg.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I believe it's a rear hub drive. We have Shimano crank drive, it's excellent.

OP
OP
Gina M
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Thanks I will look on this pedelec forum and see what they say about it

Join us or log in to post a reply.