• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD BMC 1.5 Engine & Gearbox Fully Marinized (1 Viewer)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
BMC 1.5 Engine & Gearbox Fully Marinized

To Any boaters on the forum this will be known to them as a good “old faithful” just like the Seagull outboard ,every shed should have one ,it will come in handy one day, and I bet @oldmo has one somewhere!

Reconditioned and fitted into boat in 2014.

Soon to be replaced with Yanmar 3JH30A Marine diesel life boat engine 30hp

A mate will be swapping over at the end of the season and I/we did a short you tube vid today.

Haven’t got full details at the moment but can ask the question

1.jpg

OP
OP
jollyrodger

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I will be speaking to the owner ( Terry ) sometime this week and will get more details and if OK with you will get his contact details and PM to you.
What I know is that when he bought the boat there was a problem with the gearbox ( found when steaming the boat home from brixham to plymouth )
Then removed from boat and both engine and box were ,I believe fully recondition .in fact the boat also rebuilt .stripped to bare hull and redesigned. The guy is a retired engineer tool maker and things must be just right ,or not at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back