BLUETOOTH TO RADIO - help please (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Everyone (well, non- motorhomers) tells me that I should be able to play music via Bluetooth to the cab radio.

I've read and re-read the destructions and it only mentions plugging the phone into the USB socket. The phone 'pairs' ok and phone calls via Bluetooth/ hands- free works fine BUT...... I was using google maps to find a fuel station the other day and quelle surprise, the directions on my phone emitted via the cab speakers:eek:

Question is; WHY did it Bluetooth the audio from my phone when on google maps, but won't Bluetooth Music?

It's a new type Peugeot cab by the way.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
most Bluetooth radios have 2 functions
Bluetooth for mobile calling
&
Bluetooth Audio for music & films

usually its in the settings on the phone
Settings, Bluetooth, select the device say Radio & you will have 2 options 1 is mobile calling & the other is Audio Output

With both selected you can play music from your phone as long as the radio is the BTA mode.

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks RS' Will give it a go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
After trying various combinations, it eems like my radio does not support Bluetooth? The on board Bluetooth is for hands-free phone operation only :cry:
Cheap skates!

That would explain why the google mapping directions were transmitted to the speakers with the radio off! It obviously 'sees' the info as a streamed phone call.

Tried bluetoothing music in Mrs Wingman's car (a Kia) and it works a treat :confused:
Her radio has "RDS/Bluetooth/MP3" printed on the front - mine doesn't.

Guess I'll just have to live with plugging the phone into the USB socket (no 3.5 jack either!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back