Bluetooth speaker (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I bought a Bose Soundlink Mini 2 for the van. Rechargeable and lasts about 10 hours. So can charge from usb or 240v.

It's small and heavy for it's size but packs a real punch. Sounds very good and links to phone in seconds.

Anyone looking at Bluetooth speaker shou give this one a try.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Seconded. It's an awesome bit of kit, worth every penny.

I've never come across anything that gets anywhere near it in terms of quality.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
And Bose have dropped them from production replacing it with an ugly round device.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
I bought an ultimate ears boom 2 speaker about a week ago which has cracking reviews £99 from currys 16hr battery life also only comes with usb charge lead.

Dont know how it would compare with the bose it is certainly cheaper in price but it gets excellent reviews.

Certainly a minefield with the amount of choice though

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I bought a muzili one from Amazon last Christmas, it has a very good sound and the battery lasts a good ten hours. We used it quite a lot during our recent fortnight holiday when sat outside the camper. Played radio 2 via the BBC app. It also has a micro we slot and an aux Jack socket so can play audio from a variety of sources. Just bought a second one for weekends in the workshop, only £12.99 now.

D.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Our son used a pair of Minirigs for the music at his outdoor wedding ceremony
(https://minirigs.co.uk/) - we were so impressed we’ve bought one for the van.

Claims 80 hour battery life, but we’ve not tested that fully. The sound is excellent.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Are you sure?
unless they have had a rethink and realised the error of their ways. I tried very hard to get one about a year ago to replace a defective one in my Motorhome. Could not get one anywhere. Bose store advised they had been discontinued. I eventually managed to get an ex- display in Currys.
Really pleased that they are available again as they are an amazing bit of kit.
I’m a big Bose fan with a few of their products and customer service is excellent. My noise cancelling headset was 4 years old and very well used, the leather started to fail on the earpieces. I enquired if I could purchase replacement parts. I was given a really good discount to trade the old ones in. I have a home surround system as well and it’s like being in the cinema.

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Dali Katch - eats Bose for breakfast.

I have 2 Dali Katch Bluetooth Speakers. Sound is very subjective and not having heard the Bose System can’t say how they compare. What I can say is they produce an awesome sound stage for a relatively small unit. Having 2 enables you to pair them for true stereo left and right. Easily portable for MH and punch well above there weight. The only downside is the cost.

On a similar subject I have recently installed a Panasonic SC-SB1-K 2.1 Sound Bar linked to a Panasonic TX24FS500B Smart TV in the Motorhome. The Sound Bar is small but returns a huge improvement of sound when linked to the TV. Easy Bluetooth connection to a smart phone means I can play my iTunes catalogue. I have also paired the set up to a couple of Sennheiser HDR 175 Wireless Headphones, so if like us you like to settle down to a good movie with all the sound effects without upsetting the neighbours these do an excellent job.

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
We are just closing our Bose store down after many years of trading. The Mini was discontinued last year and replaced with the "Revolve" & "Revolve Plus". IMHO the Mini is a much better all round speaker and it's the one I have in my van, with a shop full to choose from! Sits on the ledge playing the TV sound or on top of the door bin when we are eating / having a BBQ. Bose did "find a few" last Christmas and reintroduced them into the line up but I am surprised they are still available tbh... always a popular seller. I might even take our ex display one as a spare ... :D

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Anker Soundboost 2

About 90% of the Bose sound quality but a third of the price

Join us or log in to post a reply.